S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

for us taller gents..............

Old 04-02-2004, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for us taller gents..............

Just picked up my 03 3K mile S2000............

LOVE IT!

Whilst I can manage to lever my 6'4" carcass into the driver's seat and drive the car OK, things are a little on the tight side. The lower edge of the steering wheel is close (though not touching) my left leg, and I can only just see the lower part of the tach display underneath the top of the steering wheel. Which leads me to wonder if any of you other similarly tall S2000 owners out there have made any slight modifications to your cars so as to free up just a little extra room????? Any and all comments most welcome.

(Driving up the north yorkshire coast this evening with the top down and the engine howling was a total TREAT. I've just come from a 3.2 TT with DSG..... what a difference...... and NO regrets. The TT is an admirable piece of kit in so many ways.......... but it's too heavy and too wooden and uninvolving to drive.)

Later,

LH
Old 04-02-2004, 11:53 AM

I wish I could help you with your problem, though at a mere 6'1", I'm a bit underqualified. However, I'm fascinated to hear of your experience with the TT 3.2. Yours is the first non-media-related drive I've heard of, and I'm interested in your experience, particularly with regard to the DSG.

It has long seemed to me that the S2000 (particularly the '00-'03) would be the perfect candidate for a 7-speed semiautomatic gearbox.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:00 PM

The s2000 can fit my 6'2 body in there with my broad shoulder. I even sit about 3 notches up from the back of the seat. So I believe the S2000 is more then adequate to accommodate us but as long as we want to drive the proper way. Not to crazy about leaning my seat all the way back trying to drive gangster.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:02 PM

You can do a search on lowering the seat several members have done this.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:36 PM

6'5" here - one quick easy thing is to remove the two hooks behind the seat. That allows the seatback to recline back one more notch. To make sure you are getting the most out of the seat - let the seatback come forward and then slide the seat back all the way on the rails to make sure its at its limits. THEN recline the seat with you in it to get that exta click (may need to push back with your body. The extra click gives me just that little bit of breathing room for my left leg.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:40 PM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...?threadid=50658
Old 04-02-2004, 02:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thereisnospoon
6'5" here - one quick easy thing is to remove the two hooks behind the seat.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:31 PM

Nice to see other tall drivers interested in these cars.... While I do not own one (yet), i do know that there are some things that can be done to make room for taller drivers.

FWIW: I'm 6'6" and i can drive the car as is... however more room is possible if:

- Do the seat mod as described in the post above
- Remove the driver's door pull and replace it with a leather strap (ala Porsche RSR, this makes frees up alot of left leg room)
- Swap out stock steering wheel for a Sparco Ring unit (can be sourced from Science of Speed with proper hub and NSX-R horn button)

If this car is a weekend car... go with the Elda Roll bar and some Recaro SPG seats (or pole positions if your wider in the seat like me). That should lower the seat a couple more inches over the mod described above)

The only reason I dont have one yet is that I cant justify getting rid of my 330 for something thats just as bad (if not worse) in the winter and only has two seats.... However I may be re-importing the Wrangler I have over in greece, so if that happens... S2k here i come...
Old 04-02-2004, 02:35 PM

oh and unfortunatly... no aftermarket headliner will work for us darnit
Old 04-02-2004, 07:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thereisnospoon
6'5" here - one quick easy thing is to remove the two hooks behind the seat.

Quick Reply: for us taller gents..............