S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Voodoo Shift Knob Revisited

Old 12-14-2000, 04:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a recent thread extoling the virtues of the Voodoo shift knob http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...p?threadid=1975 . Now, I have one in my car and all I can say is WOW! I love it. It's a worthwhile $35 upgrade. The shift action feels more precise (I never thought that would be possible) and the sphere shape really fits my hand. I know that cdelena has the Ti version and was involved in fine tuning the design. Thanks to you Chris, and to Voodoo Bob for making them. Buy yours NOW. I got mine through the Crazy Red Italian http://www.crazyred.com/cri/pages/

Here's my pearl finish aluminum knob (with Rick's boot and console cover of course :

Here's the same knob in Ole's car with the shift pattern and S2000 logo laser etched into the surface:

There may still be time to get one before the holidays!

Old 12-14-2000, 06:26 AM
pfb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CoralDoc:
Now, I have one in my car and all I can say is WOW! I love it.
Yup! Thinking of getting a second polished knob to alternate with my satin knob every once in a while...
Old 12-14-2000, 06:35 AM

CoralDoc,

standard or Magnum pictured?
Old 12-14-2000, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by Hootsama:
CoralDoc,
Standard. It fits my hand great and I usually wear a large size glove, sometimes medium. We're not too far away from each other. When the S. Florida S2ks next get together (after New Year), you're welcome to try it out.

Old 12-14-2000, 06:55 AM

CoralDoc,

I emailed back and forth with them awhile ago wanting to do exactly what Ole did and they emailed back like I was nuts. Glad to see he could get it done. Do you know where he got his? I'd love to pick one up like that!

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2000, 07:25 AM

RU2KREDY - There's a bunch of information about this in the referenced thread, here it is again: http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...p?threadid=1975

Basically, you buy the knob, install it on the shift lever, mark the front, unscrew the knob and send it to Joe Portas for laser etching. His contact information is available at the Voodoo site - be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page: http://www.teamvoodoo.com/Voodoo/Knobs.html
HTH
Old 12-14-2000, 07:44 AM
pfb

Originally posted by Hootsama:
Last I checked, the Magnum was not available in the S2000 threading, at least not as a standard item.
Old 12-14-2000, 08:17 AM

Thanks Joshua. Ordered one up. Main selling point other than the fan comments was the fact that I can lose the current nut on the bottom of the shift knob. Rick's shift boot sags a bit and you can see the nut and the scratches I put in it taking it off the first time. This should be great! How much was the etching do you know? From their site it sounds like $5.
Old 12-14-2000, 08:25 AM

I don't know for certain, I think it's around $15 for what Ole did. Ole, what was the real amount?

His only complaint about the etching was that there was minor spiderwbbing around the characters, probably due to the pearl clearcoat finish cracking slightly.
Old 12-14-2000, 08:40 AM

I concur with everything CoralDoc says about the Voodoo shift knob. After I received my titanium last week, I tried it out for a couple of days and then sent it off to be laser marked with the shift pattern and a small S2000 logo. Now I can't wait get it back again. The Voodoo shift knob is one of the few parts I've bought that gives an improvement I can actually FEEL for myself. IMO, this small addition makes manual shifting a real pleasure again, and is a real must for anyone who wants to do quicker shift changes, using a lot less effort.

Quick Reply: Voodoo Shift Knob Revisited