S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Way 2 Go ProFlow

Old 10-12-2000, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my new throttle body tonight. I do not claim to be an import tuner, nor do I claim to be a race car driver. I do however use my StooK as a daily driver (15,165 miles)and have quite an relationship with the car.

I can notice a slight difference in acceleration and throttle response in the lower RPM's and a more than noticeable difference at WOT!

To test my theory I told my neighbor that I was getting new tires (which I am!)and wanted him to drive my car tonight on the old tires and then tomorrow on the new tires and tell me if he can feel the difference. I didn't tell him about the mod. He drives my car about once a week when we play Flag Footbal or go to Volleyball tournamnets to escape our wives .

He drove the car for 5 minutes then said, "WOW did you change gas or something cause the car is really reacting to the gas quick." I said No and told him he must be on crack

We hit our favorite stretch of road and he dropped to 2nd at 45mph and off we went! He said, "Man wherever you got that last tank of gas you need to go to that place every single time!" I just smiled and then I decided that my test was complete I told him about the throttle body and he agreed that it made a noticeable change.

So did the throttle body turn my car into a Diablo? NO NO NO! It is just a throttle body not a turbo charger.

Did it add to the smile factor of my StooK? YES YES YES! Was it worth the $140. HELL YEAH!

The opinions are of my own and due to my high level of ignorance of performance tuning I don't think I would even understand any flames that tried to shoot down my experience
Old 10-12-2000, 07:32 PM

What throttle body are you talking about? Is this a totally new piece (voiding some warranty) or a reworked stock piece? I seem to reacall some discussion in the topic at H-A but don't remember the details.
Old 10-12-2000, 07:41 PM

This is the group buy setup by PEPE. They rebore and polish your existing one. Man it looks soooo sweet compared to stock. It is practicaly a mirror! I think it goes from 50something mm to 70something mm? Plus it is taper bored..... That is about the extent of my knowledge about the specs. I check some of the e-mail form Pepe and see if there is more in it.
Old 10-12-2000, 07:44 PM

Man am I an idiot!

This is from an e-mail Pepe sent me:

The Throttle body is bore and extra 4mm and fitted with a new butterfly and
low-profile bolts, thus increasing airflow. The section before the butterfly
is also taper bored. According to some people, Spoon was able to get 4 wheel
horsepower with this mod alone, not bad for $124.
Old 10-13-2000, 06:32 AM

Where can I get the reworking done to my TB? What would the cost be without the group buy? I'm very interested in this mod... TIA.
Old 10-13-2000, 06:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try this: http://www.proflowdesign.com maybe if you call them they can workout something for you.
Old 10-13-2000, 07:00 AM

I will get ProFlow's contact info from the e-mail Pepe sent me. I do know they answer e-mails very quickly.
Old 10-13-2000, 07:30 AM

This is from their web page:
We now have available, the throttle body for the Honda S2000.

Applications:
Honda Civic 88-00
Price $140.00

Honda S2000 '00
Price $155.00
Old 10-13-2000, 06:51 PM

I just wanted add that the car is also noticeably louder. My wife pointed that out tonight when we went out to eat.

Anyone else who did the ProFlow throttle body notice this?
Old 10-13-2000, 07:04 PM

Good job S2K_LA...How long did it take you to install? Was it considered simple?

Quick Reply: Way 2 Go ProFlow