S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

We have dates for S2KDays!!!

Old 10-23-2001, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We have dates for S2KDays!!!

Yes, after a lot of wrangling and back and forth, we FINALLY have FINAL DATES for the event next year.

It's happening the weekend of June 21...

The track time for the event is taking place at Thunderhill in Willows, CA and is happening on Thursday/Friday before that weekend.

We will be publishing a formal schedule shortly as well as accomodations and everything else like that. We just wanted to make sure that you have these days on your calendar...

We're jazzed....get ready to party!

Old 10-23-2001, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our HQ hotel will not be in Willows - we are currently searching for suitable accomodations in a more "central" location.

It should have pretty easy access to the coast, Sacramento and the Napa/Sonoma area.

As Greg said - we don't have all the details yet, we just wanted everyone to mark June 20-23 off on their calendars.

Stay tuned for more details as we hammer them out.

Old 10-23-2001, 07:05 PM

I'm there -
The Drive from N.C. should be great

axcilla
Old 10-23-2001, 07:16 PM
Banned

Glad to have you on board David!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:47 PM

so no more Laguna Seca?

Import Development will be there if we're still in business LOL.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:57 PM
Banned

Richard - take a read of some of the threads in the S2kdays forum. In summary we got two days at Laguna, but they are in January.

So we are having a track day January 14 at Laguna.

So then we tried Sears Point with no luck, so then on to Thunderhill where we secured the two track days.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

HEH me too!!!! I will bring my tools etc with me if I can get on the plane with them otherwise I will ship them out!

Fall Colors installs went well so those looking for radio/speaker installs. That or I am just going to get shitty at night and the next morning see who's car I can borrow! I just hope I am less hung over than that person so they will let me drive.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by axcilla
I'm there -
The Drive from N.C. should be great

Axcilla:

You really plan on attending???

WOW! How long have you planned on it taking you? My cousin in Jersey is willing to drive with me so we can switch off. . .

How many miles have you figured?

WOW! That sounds GREAT!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 08:24 PM

Well, you WILL have a large Texas contingent attending so please, hide the women and pen your sheep!!!

Rough calculations put us 2028 miles away...hoping to make it in ~23 hours 37 minutes (we averaged 96 mph on the way to Asheville)(Includes ten 15 minute stops for gas and potty breaks). We will split the drive into two days with a layover in Albuquerque, NM if we have any chicks with us...otherwise, all in one shot!! We are men aren't we!! Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!
Makes me do this ---------->

Mark
Old 10-23-2001, 08:26 PM

OK, mapquest says from my apartment in Austin to Willows, CA is only 1857.4 miles. One way. I should be able to beat their estimated driving time of 32 hours and 47 minutes though.

Thanks for all of the work in setting this up guys. I'm really looking forward to it. And just so you know, the track days on a track I've actually heard of is playing a big part in getting me out there. I was extremely disappointed that we couldn't get Laguna Seca, but Thunderhill should be great fun. Too bad it doesn't have the corkscrew though!

I guess now the only thing left for me to do is get my S2000! That should be taken care of by March or so. See you guys in June!

Mark

Quick Reply: We have dates for S2KDays!!!