S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Well, the unthinkable happened

Old 10-07-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheelsand4
My mother backed into my suzuka blue s2000 in the driveway this afternoon. I drove it around and I don't think there's any affects on the handling and driving of the car. However, the left rear end bumper is popped out, scraped, and just above the line where it turns into metal there is a small dent with paint taken out. I suppose I'm looking at a new bumper and the dent being taken out/painted. Does anyone recommend any shops around the Raleigh/Triangle area of NC? I want the work to be perfect and the paint to match and all that.

Thanks guys.
Take it to Apex Autobody...most of us s2k folks around here have our worked done there

EDIT: I see Matt beat me to the recommendation
Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Originally Posted by 2wheelsand4' timestamp='1412726312' post='23360549
My mother backed into my suzuka blue s2000 in the driveway this afternoon. I drove it around and I don't think there's any affects on the handling and driving of the car. However, the left rear end bumper is popped out, scraped, and just above the line where it turns into metal there is a small dent with paint taken out. I suppose I'm looking at a new bumper and the dent being taken out/painted. Does anyone recommend any shops around the Raleigh/Triangle area of NC? I want the work to be perfect and the paint to match and all that.

Thanks guys.
Take it to Apex Autobody...most of us s2k folks around here have our worked done there

EDIT: I see Matt beat me to the recommendation
Thank you, I'll check them out.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If it was just a driveway collision then you're likely fine with regards to the rigidity and frame of the car. Probably just cosmetic as you described. Still sucks
Old 10-08-2014, 03:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zdave87
Pics of Mom?
This reminds of rule 22 on audizine lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2014, 01:12 PM

Okay so I dropped into the apex shop and he said I would need a new bumper, and he could take the small dent out of the left quarter panel above the rear bumper but would have to paint the whole panel and there's no guarantee it would be perfect. How hard is it to install and take off bumper? Could I buy a oem bumper online and take it to a specialty paint shop, get it painted and then put it on myself? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM

Received 1,106 Likes on 987 Posts

Pics of the damage?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87
Pics of the damage?

Old 10-08-2014, 01:48 PM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Ouch. Any chance that dent in the body panel can be corrected with Paintless Dent Removal? If there isn't significant damage to the paint and if a talented pdr tech can get their equipment behind it, sometimes they can smooth it completely out without having to resort to body filler and paint. I've had that done with my own vehicles. I was lucky that the damage was in a place easily accessible by the PDR guy.

Can't avoid the bumper replacement (and I have no advice to give on your question regarding that), but maybe painting the body panel can be avoided.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The bumoer is very easy to remove. You'll just take it to a paint shop. Give them you gas fill cover so they can paint match
Old 10-08-2014, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Ouch. Any chance that dent in the body panel can be corrected with Paintless Dent Removal? If there isn't significant damage to the paint and if a talented pdr tech can get their equipment behind it, sometimes they can smooth it completely out without having to resort to body filler and paint. I've had that done with my own vehicles. I was lucky that the damage was in a place easily accessible by the PDR guy.

Can't avoid the bumper replacement (and I have no advice to give on your question regarding that), but maybe painting the body panel can be avoided.
So do you think my best chance is going with getting the dent removed by a pdr tech and then just getting a bumper painted, color matched best as can, and then installing that myself? Back to the Pdr, do you recommend anyone?

Quick Reply: Well, the unthinkable happened