S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

what is the best sounding exhaust?

Old 12-23-2000, 03:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the RM CAE with the stock exhaust and everybody who has heard the car thinks it sounds great. It's docile below 3-4K RPM, but has a growly, staccato sound above, especially when the car is pushed. It certainly sounds like the car has way more than four cylinders.

You can duplicate the sound simply by pulling the cover off the stock intake. Try it, just to hear.
Old 12-23-2000, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel:
[B]I have the RM CAE with the stock exhaust and everybody who has heard the car thinks it sounds great.
Old 12-23-2000, 05:01 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm into the deeper sound actually, I feel like the car screams enough at high rpm. I also am not rich, so price is a factor. I'm not looking for a real power improvement, just to warm up the tone a bit. The weight is a big factor as well, does anyone know what the stock exhaust weighs? Or the others for that matter? Thanks for any reply.
Old 12-23-2000, 05:31 PM

I have the Neuspeed and I'm really happy - not only with the sound, but with the fact that I didn't pay twice as much for a different make. The bottom line is that it really boils down to personal preference regarding the sound. Also, it doesn't matter who's got what kind, you know they're sure to say their's is the best. You really have to compare each type for yourself, and then consider the price factor. I believe Neuspeed are the cheapest out the "name" brands, and Mugen the most expensive. (There are cheaper and more expensive ones out there, but few other owners have chosen them over these major brands.) If you are looking for good value (low cost) and a sporty sound, I'd recommend Neuspeed. However, I'm sure others will give their 2 cent opinions too.
Old 12-24-2000, 03:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Y2KS2K:
[B]I have the Neuspeed and I'm really happy - not only with the sound, but with the fact that I didn't pay twice as much for a different make.
Old 12-24-2000, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HKS exhaust and I think it sounds magnificently. Many people at the track have commented on how much they love how my car sounds. It's Ferrari-ish and sounds like, what I think, a hi-perf sports car SHOULD sound like. It also looks terrific...

Old 12-25-2000, 03:38 PM

WFO - Stop talking about it and lats get down to buisness! The only impractical reason to own one of these is for the pure pleasure of it. That is why I bought mine.

How about another group buy on a Cat-Back; HKS or Nuespeed?

------------------
Old 12-26-2000, 12:08 PM

I love my Comptech!
Old 12-26-2000, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by wooly:
WFO - Stop talking about it and lats get down to buisness! The only impractical reason to own one of these is for the pure pleasure of it. That is why I bought mine.

How about another group buy on a Cat-Back; HKS or Nuespeed?

you missed out on the Neuspeed GB.
Old 12-27-2000, 12:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens:
[B]It also looks terrific...

Quick Reply: what is the best sounding exhaust?