S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What did you do to your S2000 today?

Old 02-14-2019, 10:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nodoze
I feel like if you are going to replace the rear view mirror then it should be an autodim unit or bust, especially with how high trucks and SUV's have gotten in combination with their much brighter headlights
Its just the OEM mirror with a Broadview clip on over it, lots of Honda guys and people who track their cars use Broadview mirrors. The guy I bought the car from his gf tried adjusting his mirror and it broke off the windshield I just reattached it.

It helps a lot. I am able to see over my right shoulder blindspot without having to turn my head.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

This past weekend I did a few things. I have a garage that I had dropped in my back yard for the exclusive purposes of my S2000 sitting out the winter. It's in the back, about 250ft from the house. I wanted to get power back there so instead of trenching AC wiring the distance to the back, I installed a small solar array by the garage that produces 200W from the panels and charges a 100AH battery. The inverter can supply 350W to run lighting, chargers, etc. I have no need for heavy power use as any power tools I have are all Bosch 18V battery powered.

Solar Panels

Inside change controller, battery and inverter.

Works fantastic. I spent the day with the lights on and the charge rate (it was during the day) was about 60% of the draw rate, so after 4 hours of having the lights on (LED overhead shop lights), battery was only down about 15%. During those hours, I polished up the headlights with the Megs headlight restoration kit. It works very well - but I didn't have any heavy oxidation; just some light stuff to clean up.

And then lastly, I installed new two-piece floor mats:

I'm doing anything I can to keep myself from depression about the NJ winters and not being able to drive it. I have several other tasks planned for the remainder of the winter... but spring can't come soon enough!
The following users liked this post:
JWN6264 (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 01:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by datadr
This past weekend I did a few things. I have a garage that I had dropped in my back yard for the exclusive purposes of my S2000 sitting out the winter. It's in the back, about 250ft from the house. I wanted to get power back there so instead of trenching AC wiring the distance to the back, I installed a small solar array by the garage that produces 200W from the panels and charges a 100AH battery. The inverter can supply 350W to run lighting, chargers, etc. I have no need for heavy power use as any power tools I have are all Bosch 18V battery powered.

Solar Panels

Works fantastic. I spent the day with the lights on and the charge rate (it was during the day) was about 60% of the draw rate, so after 4 hours of having the lights on (LED overhead shop lights), battery was only down about 15%. During those hours, I polished up the headlights with the Megs headlight restoration kit. It works very well - but I didn't have any heavy oxidation; just some light stuff to clean up.

I'm doing anything I can to keep myself from depression about the NJ winters and not being able to drive it. I have several other tasks planned for the remainder of the winter... but spring can't come soon enough!
Damn, nice work on the garage/shop with solar!
Old 02-14-2019, 06:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cgarrett23
Thanks! It was fun learning about all of the variables with solar, batteries, charge controllers, etc. Garage is completely off grid, and I have 110v power - kind of cool to generate power from nothing. :-)
Old 02-18-2019, 11:14 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by cgarrett23
+1 very cool!
And you're generating power not from nothing - you're generating it from the biggest power source we know! LOL.
I have a solar powered security cam which I love. Been using it for over a year and the battery has never gone below 50% even after days of cloud.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:46 PM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

Did my annual trans/diff change. (Because I can!)

Amsoil synthetic MTF. Outgoing fluid, one year and over 3K miles (lowest miles I have driven in a year) had clean fluid, just darker in color than the new.
Mobil 1 75W-90 GL5 synthetic gear oil for the diff. Pretty clear and light colored with just a smudge of fine metal on the magnet. May go for the Billman suggestion of a magnetic drain plug for the fill bolt.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:21 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Changed out the MTL for Royal Purple (LHT suggestion). Installed WDL Racing brake pads on the rear. Seems like a very small company but was recommended them as a solid street performance/track pad and figured I'd give them a shot.

Still to do for 2019 season:
- Bleed brakes with RBF600
- Change out diff fluid (Amsoil 75w140)
- Finish changing out the bearing in the tensioner pulley. The idler was easy but I've had a hell of a time fitting the tensioner pulley bearing. Have destroyed 2 bearings already. I had to find a socket that was slightly larger than the one the DIYGuys video calls for.
- And because there's no point in racing unless you look cool, I need to paint and install my Bayson R replica oem lip.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

looked at it....covered in the garage and worried about potentially cracked valve covers and clutch hum/buzz....the latter I know I have and the former I don't think is a problem but will have my mechanic check it out in May...
Old 02-22-2019, 03:12 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by datadr

Solar Panels

Where did you find those floor matts? Who makes them?
Thanks.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:20 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Those look like the Honda Access 2-piece floor mats sold in europe and asia for the S2000.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your S2000 today?