S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What to do with $1000??? Need ideas!

Old 10-26-2001, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with $1000??? Need ideas!

Alright, I'm looking to spend this money on my S2000. I'm happy w/ my stereo setup and as far as the exterior goes, I do not want to make any changes. So, what performance mod should I get that would be of good value to me, whether it's handling or raw power? I've got intake and exhaust already ... I'm just looking for some ideas. Also, the amount is not entirely set to $1000, but under $2000. Thanks guys.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:44 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Are you looking for street or track performance?

If you do track events, get a second set of wheels with race compound tires. It'll blow your mind how much faster you can take corners.

If you want street... You really shouldn't be trying your handling limits on the street, IMO, so a handling upgrade wouldn't buy you much. What about NOS? Lots of bang per buck, it's there when you need it, doesn't interfere with daily operation. For more show than go, you could lower the car and put some nice 18" wheels on.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
[B]Are you looking for street or track performance?

If you do track events, get a second set of wheels with race compound tires.
Old 10-27-2001, 05:47 AM
Former Moderator

V-AFC with out a doubt. I am very happy with mine. expect to pay more than what the actual cost is though as you need to make some dyno runs to properly tune it. I would be more than happy to give you my settings as a starting point though. My stock hp was 199 and with the V-afc it went up to 213. That two runs within a couple minutes of each other and 14 hp. wish the same could be said for an intake or exhaust of which I now have neither one. I'm sure your results could be even better than mine what with the intake and exhaust you have. You will definently feel the gains in torque as well, It feels like it made more torque than hp. Also I get about 30-31 mpg on the highway now. with the left over money go for say some springs and maybe an X-brace. If it's all about looks though rims make the biggest difference I think. Hope this helps and feel free to pm me with any ?'s you may have
Old 10-27-2001, 05:51 AM
Former Moderator

there's the V-afc
Old 10-27-2001, 05:53 AM
Former Moderator

and there is a very bad shot of the rims
Old 10-27-2001, 06:32 AM

about how much does the v-afc cost to have installed and tuned properly? Thanks
Old 10-27-2001, 07:54 AM
Former Moderator

figure between 350 and 400 dollars for the V-AFC, about 50-75 to install and whatever it costs for dyno time. expect an hour to an hour and a half dyno time. add more if you can find a good harness so you don't have to cut wires and splice. the harnesses i found are selling for about 200 to 250 dollars so I just went with the splice. It is definently more of a pain than say an intake or something but I think it's worth it. I forgot to say in my first post also that I saw you were considering Nitrous but were worried about reliability. Know that with a V-AFC you can fatten up your air fuel ratio and that should make it run a little safer with the Nitrous. I am considering a Venom kit shortly myself.
Old 10-27-2001, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by VTECnology
figure between 350 and 400 dollars for the V-AFC, about 50-75 to install and whatever it costs for dyno time. expect an hour to an hour and a half dyno time. add more if you can find a good harness so you don't have to cut wires and splice. the harnesses i found are selling for about 200 to 250 dollars so I just went with the splice. It is definently more of a pain than say an intake or something but I think it's worth it. I forgot to say in my first post also that I saw you were considering Nitrous but were worried about reliability. Know that with a V-AFC you can fatten up your air fuel ratio and that should make it run a little safer with the Nitrous. I am considering a Venom kit shortly myself.
How is your V-afc mounted on your dash? I live in a sketchy area ... I wish I could mount it somewhere less visible if I end up getting that.
Old 10-27-2001, 10:20 AM

Spoon header? it's a little more than $1k, but a lot less than $2k

Quick Reply: What to do with $1000??? Need ideas!