S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What does the new car come with?

Old 10-07-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the new car come with?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
My dealer lost the manual and the card with radio code.
All I received so far was the ugly white & blue bag, 3 keys and the tire warranty.
I know that I am missing the manual and the card but anything else that I am missing? The dealer is in the process of sending me a new manual but they say they can't make the card for me due to security reasons, is there any way I can make one? Thanks!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:39 PM

Did you get the thing that goes on top of the ... top when it's folded in? (boot?)
Old 10-07-2004, 07:05 PM

Oh ya, that too. It was the first thing that got thrown into the garage so I couldn't remember. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2004, 04:32 AM

Oh ya and two remotes. However the trunk button doesn't do anything, is it because I don't have the security system?
Old 10-08-2004, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Arashi,Oct 8 2004, 05:32 AM
Oh ya and two remotes. However the trunk button doesn't do anything, is it because I don't have the security system?
Bizarre. That should work regardless if you have a security system or not. Instead of pressing and releasing the trunk button, try holding it down instead. If it doesn't work - have it looked at. It should work. My '02 has the remote keyless entry, all buttons work. For the record - I have another form of security measure

- Joe
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Somewhere, you should have the "Bumper-Plugs" too! Mine were in the bag.Is your manual stuffed down in the secret compartment?? Some dealerships, don't even know that there is a "Secret" compartment!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:00 AM

Oh yeah, that radio code - they CAN get the code for you, there is a way to do it, but it involves pulling the fuse for the radio, hitting some buttons simultaneously..

And as soon as you get that code, go to http://www.hondacars.com and set yourself up on Owner's Link, and put your radio there.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:37 PM

They didn't give me bumper plugs ><
I need 4 total? theres 4 holes on each end and each plug plugs up 2 holes right?

Thanks joe, I tried holding it down and it worked fine, it probably worked before too but it's hard to notice because the lid does not fling up. I want mine to fling up like my friend's CLK ><

Oh ya, it was pretty embarassing when I had to enter the code in for owner's link and updating info on this site, I felt like I stole the car

Call me a newb but I am still not sure what the 'secret compartment' refers to. Theres the cup holder, glove box between seats, some nets by the legs, trunk, bunch of tools under some lid on the bottom of the trunk, the area where the spare tire is stored (I haven't opened it up yet) and some space between the seats and trunk for the top which I would never risk putting anything in. Also there seems to be some buttoned leather behind the seats which looked like something could be put in there so I tried pulling the buttons open but it won't come off. I didn't want to yank it and rip it out so I left it alone. Is it one of these? Or am I still missing something?
Old 10-08-2004, 09:38 PM

Don't forget I dont have a manual yet so I can't check ;-/
Old 10-09-2004, 04:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

have fun finding the SECRET COMPARTMENT MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quick Reply: What does the new car come with?