S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

What's the going price for a 06-07 in CA?

Old 02-16-2019, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the going price for a 06-07 in CA?

Looks like Cali is the place that has the most used S2k for sale. What's the going price for a 60-90k mile S? The cheaper ones are in Florida/Georgia in the South. But that's a 1.5 day drive.
Anyone have experience with California Motor Trade in Downey? I hate buying cars from used car dealers as I don't trust any of them in general.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could start with this:
https://www.carsforsale.com/used-hon...462686-L103772
Old 02-16-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 99MCoupe
Never heard of that one. Checked it out. I use FB, our forums, Autotrader, CL. Trying to get a feel of the local scene selling price not so much the asking price.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a believer in the buyer having more to say about the selling price than the seller. I suspect that, when it comes to used specialty cars, there is no "going price" because there are too many variables. I paid the asking price for my AP1 because it was an exceptional one-owner car. Furthermore, based on my due diligence, I determined that the asking price was reasonable . YMMV of course.
Good luck.

Last edited by 99MCoupe; 02-16-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:57 PM

Received 1,243 Likes on 943 Posts

California's pricing for these (and any) car is probably higher than anywhere else in the lower 48.

A 1.5 day drive in a S2000? Oh no...that sounds so un-enjoyable...(sarcasm)
Old 02-17-2019, 03:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
California's pricing for these (and any) car is probably higher than anywhere else in the lower 48.

A 1.5 day drive in a S2000? Oh no...that sounds so un-enjoyable...(sarcasm)
And you might save several thousand dollars, count me out!
Old 02-17-2019, 03:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Paid $15,314 + shipping, tax, whatever for one a stock 06 in that mile range last June. It was in San Francisco.

Bring A Trailer has a lot of S2000s and a lot of them are CA cars.

Be very careful about misrepresented cars; seems more and more sellers claim the cars are unmodified when they actually had been.

Get a carfax, too.
The following users liked this post:
runnyeggsham (02-18-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 05:27 PM

Received 1,553 Likes on 922 Posts

It may be a "California Car" but I have been hearing stories of cars from Houston and other disaster (flood) areas hauled to California (and other far away locations) to make it seem that they are just fine. For the most part, western cars do not have the corrosion issues that midwest and eastern/southern cars have. A quick look can spot the rust and oxidation pretty quickly especially since our cars are getting older.

If you find a car that a Carfax report indicates that vehicle was EVER in a disaster area (that includes some flooded areas in California) you really need to exercise due diligence. I would probably pass on the first go if the car had spent time in Houston but now is in San Jose.

There are some folks out there with zero morals.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by JasonMG
Paid $15,314 + shipping, tax, whatever for one a stock 06 in that mile range last June. It was in San Francisco.

Bring A Trailer has a lot of S2000s and a lot of them are CA cars.

Be very careful about misrepresented cars; seems more and more sellers claim the cars are unmodified when they actually had been.

Get a carfax, too.
Damn that's a good deal. Harder to see when many convert back to stock before selling it.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
It may be a "California Car" but I have been hearing stories of cars from Houston and other disaster (flood) areas hauled to California (and other far away locations) to make it seem that they are just fine. For the most part, western cars do not have the corrosion issues that midwest and eastern/southern cars have. A quick look can spot the rust and oxidation pretty quickly especially since our cars are getting older.

If you find a car that a Carfax report indicates that vehicle was EVER in a disaster area (that includes some flooded areas in California) you really need to exercise due diligence. I would probably pass on the first go if the car had spent time in Houston but now is in San Jose.

There are some folks out there with zero morals.
First I heard of San Jose. That's scary. I usually avoid anything that says Texas. They used to be able to clean titles there pretty easily along with a few other states.

Quick Reply: What's the going price for a 06-07 in CA?