S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Who here has an Amuse or Amuse Style Front Lip? (Paid a lot in labor for refitting?)

Old 01-09-2003, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MorpheusTD
[B]man i thought i was the only one.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by jesangc
just as a reference, the body shop that the seller uses charges $80 for the paint job, and mine is charging $350.
Dang, $350??? That's a whole lotta money. & I thought New Concept (Same place that does Kenny Tran's cars) charged alot. Let us know how it comes out. FWIW, I only have a gap right in front of the side vents.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:45 PM

What!?

How come noone mentioned this before I ordered mine?

Which imitation do you have though?

Man this sucks!
Old 01-09-2003, 04:51 PM

First of all you need to put some glasses on grandpa and read my signature....I DONT HAVE AN AMUSE LIP!!! And I know I never said I loved it.

In addition I have read many threads about these knock off parts not fitting so I am not surprised to read that you are going to have to invest more money to fix your amuse STYLE lip than it would have cost to buy an authentic part.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jesangc
[B]

jahnke,
do some research before you put smart ass comments like that.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have this gap, too. I just don't worry about it as much as some of you. Since the "real" Amuse lip originally had this gap and most likely any "knock-offs" were molded from the "real" one, it goes to reason that the "knock-off" also will have this gap. Which would you rather do? Pay the extra bucks for a real one and still have the gap to fret over or pay a lot less for the "fake" one and fret over it? I think you'd feel like you were hosed less with the "fake" one.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:23 PM

Hey S2Sav,

how've you and your amuse-STYLE lip been doing?

Ben
Old 01-09-2003, 05:35 PM
SaV

[QUOTE]Originally posted by be17jamln
[B]Hey S2Sav,

how've you and your amuse-STYLE lip been doing?
Old 01-09-2003, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by jahnke
First of all you need to put some glasses on grandpa and read my signature....I DONT HAVE AN AMUSE LIP!!! And I know I never said I loved it.

In addition I have read many threads about these knock off parts not fitting so I am not surprised to read that you are going to have to invest more money to fix your amuse STYLE lip than it would have cost to buy an authentic part.

Dude jahnke,
You are one ignorant mofo. I never said you had an Amuse lip. I just thought it was stupid of you to assume that the real Amuse one wouldn't have the problem. I was being saracastic with the love part. Geez man do I need to explain everything to you? Talk about needing a pair of glasses. Do you not see the posts with the AUTHENTIC AMUSE FRONT LIP owners complaining of the same problem?
Old 01-10-2003, 03:31 AM

Regardless....I'd rather be ignorant than flat out stupid. If you knew there were fitment problems you have nothing to WHINE about when you have to pay to get it corrected.

Bottom line: "To each is own".

I still would not buy that knock off crap because what I said is true and just general common sense (which I guess you have very little of).....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jesangc
[B]

Dude jahnke,
You are one ignorant mofo.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:03 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense but $350 is way to much to paint that lip. Does that price include installation and molding?

Quick Reply: Who here has an Amuse or Amuse Style Front Lip? (Paid a lot in labor for refitting?)