S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why Do European S2000's Have Headlight Sprays?

Old 09-04-2004, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is for removing snow from the head lamps, but i use it in a very different way when my car is dirty! just for fun
you can bring attention to girls by just pushing that button! good because i gave my number to 3 girls
some times there is stupid sleepy people that drives right behind me in a completely empty highway!!! again just push it he will wake up, flash his hi-beams and clean the windshield
other times when some shit drivers annoying me, i just use it and i pretend that i was sorry for this
there is a lot more fun that i can't write here but be careful not to make streetwars!
Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 AM

The headlight washers are fugly as hell and don't work to wel too they spray onto the hood and if your top is down you get a shower. Many owners in europe have pulled the fuse or removed them from the bumper.

I also heard a story from someone who was asking for directions and when he leans towards the passenger side to listen a litle closer he touches the washerbutton. Spraying the guy who was willing to help him
Old 09-04-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by nastinupe1,Jul 20 2004, 12:52 PM
Did you know that the US government forced Honda to increase the size of the S2000's 2.0 liter engine to 2.2 liters to comply with federal requirements? The F20C engine was not emitting enough pollutants. Also, the S2000 did not qualitfy as a "sports car" under American standards becasue of it's lack of drag racing luster. Initially the government requested that the S2000 be modified to come equipped with a V8, however, Honda countered by promising to introduce three new trucks in 4 years to add to fuel consumption in the country. This increased fuel consumption will help drive oil prices up, thereby increasing the worth of the Bush oil wells in Texas as well as increasing the oil out put by Saudi Arabia, which are close friends of the Bush family. Hence why we now have the Element, Pilot, and that new pickup coming out.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by nastinupe1,Jul 20 2004, 10:52 AM
Did you know that the US government forced Honda to increase the size of the S2000's 2.0 liter engine to 2.2 liters to comply with federal requirements? The F20C engine was not emitting enough pollutants. Also, the S2000 did not qualitfy as a "sports car" under American standards becasue of it's lack of drag racing luster. Initially the government requested that the S2000 be modified to come equipped with a V8, however, Honda countered by promising to introduce three new trucks in 4 years to add to fuel consumption in the country. This increased fuel consumption will help drive oil prices up, thereby increasing the worth of the Bush oil wells in Texas as well as increasing the oil out put by Saudi Arabia, which are close friends of the Bush family. Hence why we now have the Element, Pilot, and that new pickup coming out.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by nastinupe1,Jul 20 2004, 09:52 AM
Old 09-06-2004, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U guys crack me up!

Yep the ar$es that are "running" the EU decided All HID cars must have washers fitted to comply with the law.

We also have some fantastics legislation.

Size and description of certain fruit and vegetable items is regulated ( bananas for example )
The Spanish can fish UK waters to saturation, whilst UK fishermen are paid to scrap their boats
The even dreamed up their own pan european currency (the euro) to make trade and price comparisons between the EU states easier. Has it worked has it
rant over

Anyway I actually like the colourcoded washers, but would love to ditch the front number plate

U like? I do
Old 12-21-2004, 12:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I have removed the plug from the switch under the middle console. As it was mentioned before it was the first thing I did on delivery before I even started the engine. The manager/seller was looking at me like that

By the way what rims are this? Are they Fondmetal? Please tell me specs/sizes!

I believe its the only rim that fits excellent on the S2000.

By the way which front lip spoiler is that?
Old 12-21-2004, 02:11 AM

Its also on JDM models, and as mentioned Australian models. I've no qualms about it being there, and the button for the 03 model is behind the steering wheel, so I never accidentally activate it. In fact, I can't say I've ever used it at all. I wouldn't say they look good either, but they're not ugly IMO.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:26 AM

Old 12-21-2004, 04:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by energetic,Dec 21 2004, 09:47 AM
Personally I have removed the plug from the switch under the middle console. As it was mentioned before it was the first thing I did on delivery before I even started the engine. The manager/seller was looking at me like that

By the way what rims are this? Are they Fondmetal? Please tell me specs/sizes!

I believe its the only rim that fits excellent on the S2000.

By the way which front lip spoiler is that?
There is a fuse you can pull rather than taking the console to bits!

Check here

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=181443

The front lip is a "Back Yard Special" imported from Japan

The wheels are Mille Migilia EVO5's full details are in my signature!

Quick Reply: Why Do European S2000's Have Headlight Sprays?