S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

X-Bone Frame Damage?

Old 09-02-2004, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Bone Frame Damage?

Anybody ever have their frame bent in an accident, and fixed? Somebodt rear-ended my poor car doing 45, caused me to spin around, jump a curb, then take out a traffic signal.

I was wondering if the X-Bone can be fixed? If so, rough estimates on costs, and does your car still drive OK? It might get totaled, but the car hasn't even gone up on the rack yet and there's 8k in just cosmetics. There's talk of having to take the dash out and send it to a specialty frame shop

Thanks,
Sad MY04 Owner
Old 09-02-2004, 08:22 AM

I so feel for you, my friend.

However, hope they don't fix it. You don't want that hard damaged of a car, it will never be right. Take the settlement and buy an '05. And if you're upside down in the settlement, don't let them stick it to you, technically, the driver of the other car is liable for ALL financial losses incurred in the accident.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:41 AM

I agree, if anything is past cosmetic issues, I wouldn't want the car back. The other persons insurance is responsible for replacing the car.

My car was in a fairly light front end collision, this car is REALLY expensive to fix.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:13 AM

Thanks guys. Unfortunatelym the clown that hit me has some really crappy 5k limit coverage, so my collision will be covering the rest.

I don't necessarily want it back either, but until the full estimate is done, insurance views it as fixable. Insurance comnpanies typically total at 70% of value or more, plus devaluation. My hope is, is that the total damage comes in at around 17-20k. As I say, right now, without pulling the dash or fixing thr frame it's cosmetics are 8k...I think it will move up rather quickly.

This sucks to say the least
Old 09-02-2004, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by chudc,Sep 2 2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys. Unfortunatelym the clown that hit me has some really crappy 5k limit coverage, so my collision will be covering the rest.

I don't necessarily want it back either, but until the full estimate is done, insurance views it as fixable. Insurance comnpanies typically total at 70% of value or more, plus devaluation. My hope is, is that the total damage comes in at around 17-20k. As I say, right now, without pulling the dash or fixing thr frame it's cosmetics are 8k...I think it will move up rather quickly.

It may not be worth your time, but if his insurance can't cover all of it, and the police report documented that its 100% his fault ... you can try to sue for the rest of it.

Dunno how much money you'll get out of it, depending on the person ... but its worth a shot. No sense in your insurance paying for it (causing your premiums to go up), when it was someone else's fault.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by chudc,Sep 2 2004, 09:13 AM

any pictures...from the description it looks like it's totaled...I mean he was going 45 mph??? If it isn't totaled our S must be built like a tank...but more importantly, how are you doing health wise?? rear-ended at such a high velocity is bound to cause whiplash/issues with your neck/back...you should go to a doctor just in case....best of luck
Old 09-02-2004, 09:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In TX, you can file an SR71 (?) or whatever on them and they won't be able to renew their license unless they pay you. CA may be similar.

Clowns that carry shitty insurance should pay the price.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by LiQiCE,Sep 2 2004, 10:24 AM
It may not be worth your time, but if his insurance can't cover all of it, and the police report documented that its 100% his fault ... you can try to sue for the rest of it.

Dunno how much money you'll get out of it, depending on the person ... but its worth a shot. No sense in your insurance paying for it (causing your premiums to go up), when it was someone else's fault.
No you're insurance will not go up if it's not your fault. BTW most insurance companies will handle suing the other driver. My old car was rearended and the guys insurance had expired. It was covered under my collsion and they insurance sued for the rest(including deductable)
Old 09-02-2004, 10:08 AM

You should not be even considering fixing the car. The other driver hit you, its their problem. Their insurance should pay off your current car and you should be able to get a new S2000

Good luck to you
Old 09-02-2004, 12:29 PM

Here are some of the sad picts. And it happened on a Monday morning!!

Quick Reply: X-Bone Frame Damage?