S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xviper's appeal to you.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said Xviper. I have learned soo much from this site (and saved a lot of money) I would feel like a moocher if I did not join. Thank you for a great source of information that has enhanced my ownership of the S2000 very much.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM

Happy to upgrade to gold. Hope it helps
Old 04-06-2006, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went Gold last week - bought some KW V3s from GoFast and the savings more than offset the investment. That said, this site is one of the better things about having an S2K if you are like me and enjoy working on your car. Lots of good folks and information you'd never get owning any other vehicle. Thanks to XViper and all those "old timers" that make this site so damned useful
Old 04-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Thanks to all the people who help keep this community up and running. I know about the kind of work and toil put into it, and sometimes people don't really understand that it's freaking hard work! to you all!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:09 PM

Okay, flame suit is securely fastened and ready for battle. As you can see, I am a guest, for darn near a years time. Every so often, I contemplate joining and getting a membership. The only reason I don't, aside from being lazy, is that from time to time I get so fed up with the site and all the crap that goes on within the boards. This includes many things, including useless arguments, personal attacks, people trolling for confrontations, etc. Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and this is the internet, but it gets old. How many "I have $1000 to spend what mods should I get?" posts to there need to be cluttering up the boards right after a "which is faster an S or a WRX or a M3" post. I guess what I am trying to get at is if you want a larger portion of "guests" to join, as site moderators and admins, please clean the site up and eliminate useless posts and garbage that goes on within the site to make it more enjoyable to use. I happen to think that a "member only" site is the best option. Make it so that people have to pay to join the site. This will immediately reduce trolling, useless posts, etc, by keeping out people who aren't dedicated to the site. If S2KI became a "members only" site, I would gladly pay to join, assuming the money went for upgrades, site maintenance, etc. The people who use the site on a daily basis, contribute, and enjoy the site will be forced to join or go elsewhere. It's like the old adage "why pay for the cow if you get the milk for free?" Sure, you will lose some traffic, but is that a bad thing? For those who may come to the site to get a simple question answered about an S2000, such as will they fit in one (which was my first post ever and the reason I found the site) or are looking to buy one and wondered a good price to pay, leave a FAQ forum available for general viewing, but limit the other boards to log-on and password for entry. As I mentioned, flame suit on and ready for battle.

Detroit
Old 04-06-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

<<< Done.

If this was a members only board we wouldn't have riceboi and/or s2kboii

Btw.. if there is a chance to save $$$ with this membership: I'm IN!
Yep.. I'm Dutch.
We also invented copper wire.
How?
To Dutchmen pulling at a copper coin, screaming: "NO its MINE!"

50$ a year is about 14 CENTS a day.
C'mon
Old 04-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Upgraded today.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if this site changed to 'members only' we wouldnt have the database problems we have now, due to the massive drop in activity. But then, cthree cant justify charging memebership if he doesnt need new equipment. Then, he'd have to make membership free, then, ppl will join. then we're back where we started
Old 04-06-2006, 01:28 PM

Me too!!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great thread Dave

Where are the platinum memberships Erik?

Quick Reply: Xviper's appeal to you.