S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xviper's appeal to you.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=day1si,Apr 7 2006, 01:52 PM] Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind.

Anytime
Old 04-07-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Apr 7 2006, 02:58 PM
You don't know me well enough to know what I've done in my lifetime to be able to judge how little and narrow my mind might be from what I do on the internet. In real life, I have done things and seen things that you could never even hope to imagine. I have no problems accepting what my mind is like. You, on the other hand, have taken what started out to be a positive thread and turned it into some personal agenda. How's your mind?
No need to answer this. Your posts here have revealed it for all to see. I need say no more.

In fact, I'm going to hereby request that Cthree delete all posts by you and my responses to them. It only serves to dilute this thread and take away from the original topic. I invite you to start your own thread and title it something like, "Why you should not buy a membership here". I'll even promise to not invade it as you have done in my thread.
I made no comment directly about you, yet you take a simple quote very personal. Interesting.
You are in control of you.

Well if anyone wants to delete it, so be it.
I have just brought up another view. I have said nothing negative. I also don't believe in postive and negative as you evidently do, everything in life isn't positive or negative, it's all what you make of it.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Apr 7 2006, 03:23 PM
All's fair in love and war. And payback's gonna be a bitch.

day1si - I hear what you're saying, but what you're missing is the fact that you're one of the few people who question where the money goes. Most of us look at as a donation - payback for the wealth of knowledge and friendship we've gained from S2Ki.

I don't even own a S2000, I get membership for free (for modding), and I am a renewed & paid Gold Member.

I choose to spend every morning (and other times too) reading/modding over S2000 Talk to give back to S2Ki, I choose to pay to help cthree out, I choose to lend advice (and sometimes a hand in person) when needed/wanted, I chose S2Ki. I am not worried about where the money goes. As long as there is a S2Ki to come to, and my friends are still here I will continue to choose to come to give as much as I do to S2Ki.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Apr 7 2006, 03:18 PM

day1si - I hear what you're saying, but what you're missing is the fact that you're one of the few people who question where the money goes. Most of us look at as a donation - payback for the wealth of knowledge and friendship we've gained from S2Ki.

I don't even own a S2000, I get membership for free (for modding), and I am a renewed & paid Gold Member.

I choose to spend every morning (and other times too) reading/modding over S2000 Talk to give back to S2Ki, I choose to pay to help cthree out, I choose to lend advice (and sometimes a hand in person) when needed/wanted, I chose S2Ki. I am not worried about where the money goes. As long as there is a S2Ki to come to, and my friends are still here I will continue to choose to come to give as much as I do to S2Ki.
I'm not missing said fact, I'm just the one in this post willing to question it. I questioned it before... & when I got some decent responses from Cthree I was happy to pay for a membership. I decided on my own terms it was worth it. So do I mind throwing a few dollars Cthree's way, not at all.
I'm not trying to make anyone mad, I'm just bringing up what I feel is a valid point for people to consider.

We are all here by choice and at this point I plan to keep coming back. I still plan to voice my opinion too, whether it goes w/ the grain or not.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Choose do be a member or choose not to. Don't whine, folks. cthree has told us that he needs to buy new equipment; why doubt this?

This site has brought tremendous information to me, well worth the membership. It's also been a place to meet and talk to like-minded folks.

I love this place.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by day1si,Apr 7 2006, 02:42 PM
How many memberships have been bought?
How many renewals?
I'm open for factual info...

I'm saying if you take half off 46089 which is 23044, times that by $20, and you get $460,888.00.
Just an example. As I said "Let's say"

Since my #'s are so far off, as I asked above
"How many memberships have been bought?
How many renewals?"
Thopugh I do not have access to direct numbers, I could discern a guesstimate of memberships and renewals at under 2000 total over the 6 year lifespan of S2ki.

Which is why your example holds absolutely no bearing on this.

Believe as you will...
I know people who run companies who just operate servers for sites as such, and trust me, they are getting paid.
On top of that, there is a few posts where Cthree has mentioned what he makes off this site yearly. so hardly an assumption that he is getting paid and making a living off this site. One post was very similiar to this one, one I started in the site info section at one time.
so cthree should do all of this on his own time for free and have no way to support himself or his family? so what if he does or doesn't make a living off the site. he deserves to be paid something fair for the work he does. unless you know anyone out there who'd be willing to do this for free?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by day1si,Apr 7 2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not missing said fact, I'm just the one in this post willing to question it. I questioned it before... & when I got some decent responses from Cthree I was happy to pay for a membership.
So now suddenly you decide to question it and bring a dissenting/negative attitude to this thread which was meant to help s2ki? You're one confusing individual.....
Old 04-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by day1si,Apr 7 2006, 08:14 PM
Let's look at this... There are 46089 members here currently...
Let's say half those people have purchased just the basic $20 dollar membership. Whether half here are actual members or just over the last few years we have neted that many in first time and renewals.
You'd think so, eh?

in fact, membership represents about 4% of total registered users.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:21 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

Great idea.!!! to X-Viper.
Upgraded.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=Wisconsin S2k,Apr 7 2006, 04:10 PM]So now suddenly you decide to question it and bring a dissenting/negative attitude to this thread which was meant to help s2ki?

Quick Reply: Xviper's appeal to you.