S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Yikes!! Carefull what you say about the Honda dealers on the forum!

Old 11-20-2001, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by itsjustme
[B]If anyone here gets sued (in Texas) for comments about truthful things that happened at their dealer, call me, I will represent you for free, and we will counterclaim the bejesus out of the dealer.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL! Don't sugar coat it, itsjustme, tell us how you really feel!
Old 11-20-2001, 10:46 AM

from the site,
I e-mailed the link to this page to William Farmer, the general manager of Jim Ellis. I wonder if he noticed how fast, how far this page has grown
Doh!
Old 11-20-2001, 10:51 AM

I can't read the original VW thread anymore, but just from the article, I dount that the dealership is going to win. It's just going to be bad publicity for this dealer.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:54 AM

<Generally, opinions do not qualify as defamation, because they're not false.>

Ya think this dealer might be getting bad leagal advice???? (Naw, that would NEVER happen The holidays are near and maybe the lawyer has realized that he needs more cash to get him thru this "giving" season.

Win or loose the case in court, the dealer is a looser. (period!) And will have a hard time restoring credibility with any customer who bothers to do their homework.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Bull$hit. Free speech is free speech. If I believe I've had the poorest service in the history of service from a dealership, I'll damn sure let others know about it! I remember my old man standing outside the [at that time] Goyen "OK" Chevrolet in Chester at the corner of Route 10 & 1 with his non-serviced truck and a poster-board sign letting traffic know just how poor that place had treated him. Of course, the GM came around and looked into the matter and resolved his contention...but the fact is, we be a nation free to speak our mind! Lawyers...go home, okay?
Old 11-20-2001, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer is an idiot to even take this on -- all it will do is get them more bad publicity. You'd think, maybe, that their reaction would be to pay some attention to service quality. No, that would be too hard. What morons!
Old 11-20-2001, 11:52 AM

Do you think the local newspaper would publish the results of the court trial (assuming it gets that far) if the VW owner wins?

VW Dealer Proven to Have Crappy Service

That would have a much bigger effect than posting complaints to a VW bulletin board.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:23 PM

what a crock of sh!t. So the dealers can rape us and now we're not allowed to complain because someone wants to supress the right to free speech?!?!

Dealers like that should spend the same time and money figuring out how to offer better customer support rather than dredging the Net looking for libel...

Oh, BTW, I love you Sherwood Honda.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:56 PM

I've seen a Jeep Grand Cherokee here at work with some professionally painted lettering on the back and rear-side windows. It read, something to the effect of, "this car is a lemon bought from dealerX". I about died laughing every time I saw it. I haven't seen it in a while so they may have finally gotten it taken care of.

Quick Reply: Yikes!! Carefull what you say about the Honda dealers on the forum!