S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Your Best Mod???

Old 07-01-2002, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Best Mod???

Im lookin for more mods to put on my car. I just wanted to start a post that had the best mods to do to an S, anything special that youve done to your S that you havent seen done on other cars (not that anyone would copy) but just interested and what mods to do next??
Old 07-01-2002, 08:25 PM

It would be next to impossible to find a mod someone else hadn't. I think what makes mine most distinctive is my SC emblems.

I even got the SC to go with it.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by DraggnDropTop
Im lookin for more mods to put on my car. I just wanted to start a post that had the best mods to do to an S, anything special that youve done to your S that you havent seen done on other cars (not that anyone would copy) but just interested and what mods to do next??

How do you like your Injen intake? Any noticeable change in horsepower? How does it sound?

-Lee
Old 07-01-2002, 09:50 PM

i installed it and the obx exhaust the same day, you can tell the difference, i didnt really notice the sound that much, i did the exhaust in town first then drove home and put the cai on, the cai filled out the deep tone in my exhuast, my engine stays cooler now and revs faster. i havent dynoed to see hp readings yet but will soon,
Old 07-01-2002, 09:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've put a lot of stuff on my car. Most of which are subtle and hard to notice. I got them on a whim and 'cause I had an "itch" that needed scratching. But of all the mods I've done, the following are the ones I "got my money's worth" out of (in no particular order):

1. Voodoo shift knob - it just feels perfect and it's something that one uses every time you drive the car.
2. Neuspeed cat-back exhaust - got it 'cause of a GB price I couldn't refuse and I have not regretted it ever. It makes the car "growl". I've never liked the sound of a Japanese 4 banger. This exhaust changes all that.
3. AEM cold air intake - a noticeable increase in "grunt", not too different below 45 rpm, but "OH, MY GAWD!" sound above that.
4. I put on a "non conventional" rear spoiler that was dirt cheap but still gives the car a very distinctive look. I'm not one for "name" brand parts just for sake of having the name but I know once some people find out what it is, they turn their noses up at it. But I like it and that's all the matters to me.
5. OEM hardtop. Where I live, gotta have one 'cause it's my daily year round driver.

6. 3M Scotcal film (Xpel) front end protection - also because it's my daily driver, I need the rock and bug protection.
7. I've never liked the cabin turbulence on this car so I got headrests and I plugged the roll hoop holes with plexiglass and got the full size aeroscreen. The cabin is much more "liveable" for me now.

(Oh, and one more) 8. 10 disc CD changer - I'll never live without one again.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:30 AM

where did you get the head rests? i am thinking of getting some, thanx
Old 08-03-2002, 08:57 AM

my S is getting its rear diferential replaced, so i cant take pics. I have my oem rims painted flat black, black H badges, and also black S2000 badges, ill take a few pics once I get my car back.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:18 AM

Without a doubt, the x-brace!

If you don't have one & you think your S handles great, just drive one with this mod & you wonder how it stay's on the exit ramp. It's like you on rails
Old 08-03-2002, 09:31 AM

paint your calipers red!
Old 08-03-2002, 10:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LITE BLUE
[B]where did

Quick Reply: Your Best Mod???