S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Your opinions on the Honda rear spoiler..attractive, leave it alone, what?

Old 10-02-2001, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OEM spoiler is nice. there are several others that are awesome too Mugen makes one and so does feels, both look good and are functional
Old 10-02-2001, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM front spoiler - YES. OEM back spoiler - NO.

I love the look of the trunklid with the 3rd brake light forming a very subtle "spoiler lip" so I vote for no spoiler at all on the trunk. I love the spoiler on the trunklid of the BMW M5- it is just a little tiny ridge, nice and subtle.

And all too often I have seen cars loose speed on the track because of spoilers creating more drag than they could ever create downforce.

As mentioned above - it really is a personal decision, as long as you like it, then that is the way it must be!!!
Old 10-02-2001, 09:10 AM

I have the front & back spoilers, & the side strakes. All 3 are functional according to Honda. I wasn't to impressed w/the strakes at first, but they've grown on me. I like the looks of all 3 now & wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:16 AM

if you want an original wing. you should pick up the japanese magazine for the s2000 (REV Speed) it has a huge selection of wings and exhausts straight from japan. their dope and original.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:34 AM

Hidden spoiler features revealed!

Just installed the OEM Honda rear spoiler over the weekend (which I got off ebay new for $200 btw ). One fringe benefit that I was happy to discover is that the rear spoiler stops my Muz tube from rolling off the back of the trunk if I'm too lazy to raise the top half way and walk around.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the fit, look and build quality of this spoiler. Having had a very bad experience with Rieger aero components on my A4, I was pleased to find install was simple, secure and flush.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:49 AM

The stock rear spoiler was the ONLY option I requested when I bought the car. . . IMO, the car looks unfinished without one. . .

That being said, its truly a matter of personal preference. . .

Good luck.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:52 AM

I think it really enhances the appearance of the trunk as well. The only other spoiler I would have considered is the 3 piece Mugen.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:33 AM

There is another spoiler out there similar to Feel's, but it clamps onto the trunk - no drilling. Forgot who it's made by though
Old 10-02-2001, 10:35 AM

Hm....Y dont we make a magnetized spoiler for the car huh?

Put it on when u need....no drilling..hahaha

DaRKCrow
"Just like the part-time security vehicle with the temp strobe lights"
Old 10-02-2001, 10:43 AM

My car didn't have any spoilers on it. Had the front bumper problem...bitched and complained enough to Honda. Gave me a deal $609 for all of OEM spoilers installed on my car. Really only wanted the front and rear. The side strakes grow on you. I like the way it looks. I would recommend all of spoilers if you can. Everyone has the front and rear spoiler or none, but I haven't seen too many S2K with all of the OEM spoilers.

IT IS UP TO YOU!

Quick Reply: Your opinions on the Honda rear spoiler..attractive, leave it alone, what?