S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is your S... a she!?

Old 09-24-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is your S... a she!?

I've been thinking....
I had own several cars in my life time, and I've felt that each cars has distingtive personalities...
I'm not saying S2000 is a girls car or feminant. I just feel that it is a "she" if I had to put a sex into it... Let me explain.

My S2000 which I "named" her (more like a feeling I had "Eva") is just terrible in the morning. Kinda rough and groggy.... very fiesty, until she warms up. and sometimes it seems like she's rebelling, then I show her who's her daddy then she's just smooooooth.

And the scream at 9000.... I can't beat that.

Likes all the good stuff (high octane plz), wears expensive shoes (I thought about buying her Toyos.. .but ended up with Mischellens).

and like woman, must go though usual changes every 3 months or so... (no offense to the ladies, it is only natural).

But beside all the facts, I just feel that this car is a she, not he. And I believe it is different from everycar. Your "S" might be a he or it.. whatever.... have you guys ever felt like this?

My previous car, 05 Evo was definitely "he".
Has any of the ladies felt their S was "he" or felt distingtively one over the other?

Just curious...
Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

All my car's have been "its". I don't personify my material things by giving them names or gender. That's what I do for my kids and my pets.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've noticed that most of the JDM ballers call their cars "she" or otherwise use female pronouns like "I'll have her back on the street in a week".

On the other hand, the track junkies almost never do that. It's always "the car" or "I'll have it fixed up before the next race".
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car is a slob therefore its a guy
Old 09-24-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Sep 25 2006, 12:10 AM
I've noticed that most of the JDM ballers call their car "she" or otherwise use female pronouns like "I'll have her back on the street in a week".

On the other hand, the track junkies almost never do that. It's always "the car" or "I'll have it fixed up before the next race".
Geez, Mike. You're such an unromantic old coot. (Like me.)
Old 09-24-2006, 10:22 PM

Hey, completely off topic, but I finally got the engine back together yesterday and drove the car today. Sweet! Now I can drive it up to the guy who I'm talking with about designing a roll bar. After more than two months in my garage I wasn't sure if that engine would ever turn over again.

It did have some CELs, but those seemed to be spurious signals from low battery voltage. They went away on their own.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by stimpack,Sep 24 2006, 11:03 PM
Has any of the ladies felt their S was "he" or felt distingtively one over the other?
PS. The one and only track addict I know of who calls the car "she" is a woman. (It's not an S2000 in her case, it's an E36 M3 LTW.)
Old 09-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Sep 24 2006, 11:10 PM
I've noticed that most of the JDM ballers call their cars "she" or otherwise use female pronouns like "I'll have her back on the street in a week".

That's probably because most track junkies do more under the hood/maintenance type stuff so they see how everything works mechanically. It's not mysterious how things work as it is to the normal person.

Of course, I usually call my car a f&&*(#k#($@$#@ ...especially on days like today preparing for a track event
Old 09-24-2006, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's an IT. It takes me here and It takes me there .It gets washed and It sits in the driveway. Definatly an IT.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i call alot of things she. dunno why i do it i just do. mainly for the reasons said above. hi octane gas, expensive parts. the jets i work on are also female for many of the same reasons.

Quick Reply: Is your S... a she!?