S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Your s2k after accident

Old 01-29-2010, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a large section of my silverstone s2k repainted... the shop did a GREAT job matching the color, however, they informed me in the begining that the metallic flake would not match the same as the original. The blending/transition is perfect and unnoticeable! It appears the metallic flake in silverstone is bigger/thicker than the flake the bodyshops have available. Having that said, the shop did a fantastic job! I did a lot of homework before selecting a body shop. But it still saddens me to know my car had sections repainted
Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Mine has been in 2 fairly serious accidents and it drives/handles/looks/etc exactly how it is supposed to.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can understand where your coming from. The issues you see may be exactly as you described but probably unnoticeable to everyone else. Being the owners of this vehicle, we know every spot, nick, dent, scratch, etc. on the car. So when something happens, we tend to dwell on it a little longer. It will definitely pass and some getting used to it. I've been in some very minor scrapes and scratches but nothing to your extent and I probably felt the same thing your feeling now. Trust me, just enjoy the car and keep driving. The driving part is the best part of it all anyways.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad I'm not alone then. I'm sure it will pass. Like I said it isn't terribly noticeable, just one of those things that I notice. Honestly had they blended one small section differently I'd be significantly happier. Basically the fender was replaced and repainted. They blended into the hood which came out great. Can't tell at all it was blended. Door was blended as well and that also came out great. I don't think I can tell the blend either. What they didn't blend was the small section of the sideskirt underneath the door and the new paint looks slightly darker so that is the first place my eyes go to every time I look at the car. As far as the quality of the paintwork I've very happy. I'm really wishing all along I had paid a little more and gotten an 06+ so I honestly haven't ruled that out as something I might eventually do. In the grand scheme of things it's all pretty minor and I'm just glad to have my car back.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Some people report that they worried to much about keeping the car perfect before the accident. Now that it isn't perfect anymore, they are happier because they don't worry about the car.

This guy liked the fact that his $1.0 million Maserati was getting beat up because it made it look mean: http://www.exoticsandluxury.com/maserati-m...d-in-a-good-way
Old 01-29-2010, 02:08 PM

I haven't wrecked my S (knock on wood), but i think i would feel closer to the car after an accident. It's like we survived it together. I say "we," because my S has developed a personality and a voice in my head.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the same feeling man my front bumper was repainted when someone backed up to it and it was done at the dealer bt it sometimes feels like the paint on the bumper doesnt 100% match the rest of my car.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^my front bumper already didn't match. If it was just the front or rear bumper that wasn't a perfect match I wouldn't care at all. That doesn't look quite as out of place as the off colored fender
Old 02-02-2010, 03:22 PM

ha.. I know exactly what you mean. i had an accident just 3 weeks after i got my car.. after about 1 month, you do slowly try to forget.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Mine had a side swipe accident a year and a half ago. Once I had it back it really didn't bother me much. Had nicer paint on most of the car and some new additions.

Quick Reply: Your s2k after accident