S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AC/Air pump/ coolant problems

Old 05-06-2014, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/Air pump/ coolant problems

So as some of you may know i bought my car and the motor and everything was out and sat for 5 years. I did not take it apart, and now i have the pleasure of putting it back together It is right hand drive with a JDM clip so i have all of the JDM wire harnesses as well as the JDM ECU from the original clip. Now i am getting farther along and i am seeing some stupid annoying problems. I'm trying to put everything in one post so here it goes

1. The air pump is supposed to turn on when it is cold from what i have read. It has never turned on when i turn the car on.

2. AC system is hooked up properly (I believe)and charged, but AC won't turn on. Using Alldata to diagnose the problem, it says to jump the relay under the fuse box for the AC. I did, and when doing so, the air pump turned on! What in h3ll would cause the air pump to turn on from jumping the AC relay?

3. Radiator fans stay on at all times.. even when i just turn the key to the on position. The bottom rad hose stays ice cold, but i am thinking that is because the fans are on at all times.

We have gone through alldata and we are about 97% sure everything is plugged in properly
I have 3 check engine codes consistently which are p1298 (electrical load detector circuit high output), p0412(secondary air injection system switching valve malfunction) and p1412( air pump motor high voltage )

The only thing i know that is missing right now is the one way check valve going into the one skinny vacuum line by the fuel rail, but i have ordered that so it is on it's way.

Any input is highly appreciated. Not sure if anyone has experienced these issues because i tried researching them and have not found much. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:03 AM

Nobody??
Old 06-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Fixed the issue so i figured i'd report back for anyone that may run into the same issue. It's dumb as hell, but there are two connectors with the exact same pine size. one goes into the ECU, and the other goes into something else. They got plugged in wrong and thats what caused it. Everything works perfect now.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:05 PM

Hi

I have identical problem - which are the 2 wires in question - what are the colours?

thanks & cheers