S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM EMS Fitment

Old 01-12-2004, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a custom harness that would extend the wiring to mount the ecu behind the seat would be very nice.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:56 AM

Yep, I'm making sure to take pictures this time. I'm also trying to document what I did for the AEM UEGO, and larger injectors.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by GaryRudolph
Yep, I'm making sure to take pictures this time. I'm also trying to document what I did for the AEM UEGO, and larger injectors.
perfect, are you making the harness? or having it made? I could do it but I need both female and male adapters.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:50 PM

Actually, I'm not going to go with a harness. I'm going to cut the [2] bracket, fold it over and fit the ECM up there.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pls do take many many pictures....
Old 01-12-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

To hold the kick panel back so my foot can rest on the dead pedal, I built a bracket. The bracket uses the deadpedal to lock in place. I have to undo the two 10mm bolts in the dead pedal to access the ECU, etc. The original fastener is just too short to close by 1/2 inch or more.

Please excuse the low light photo.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:11 PM

Looks like a good idea sideway

I am a little bit more lucky as the ECU is on the passenger side for the s2k in my country
Old 01-12-2004, 08:45 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Once upon a time I was down under.....had a great time. I let others do the driving.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:23 PM

Finally, go the AEM EMS fitted and the kick panel installed in the stock ECM location. Here's what we did (based on the advice we got).

Cut the rear mounting tab [2] with a hack saw. Note where we cut. This way we can always spot weld or use some epoxy to if reinstall the stock ECM at some point.

Then, bent the tabs over on [2]. To bend back we should be able to use a screw driver and vice grips.

Others were able to mount their EMS in the normal configuration, but I was able to fit the EMS better if I turned it over (with the EMS sticker facing the sheet metal. This allowed the EMS to fit better with the serial cable installed. I just liked it better this way, and I had a harness laying around that I had made for the Vortech timing box install that I could use to lengthen the A connector. I was able to gain an inch or so more room.

Put some velcro on the "sticker side" of the ECM.

I then had to lengthen the A Connector using a harness that I cut apart.

With the connector the cables fit in pretty well.

And the following is the EMS tucked up and away and ready to install the kick panel.

The kick panel still doesn't sit like stock, and I couldn't install the clip on it near the dead pedal. But, it doesn't get in the way, and only sticks out maybe a half inch. I think I'll fabricate a little holder like Phil that attaches under the dead pedal to give me the stock room.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:42 PM

FYI, Jaker (www.vtecfrog.com) can make a 5 foot harness for a "reasonable" price. Just PM or Email him. I wish I had this in advance, because I would have definately gone this route and just relocated it. But, I'm going to leave it in the OEM ECM location as I now have it crammed in there, and don't feel like taking it out.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS Fitment