S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM EMS Fitment

Old 01-11-2004, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS Fitment

Hoping some others with an AEM EMS can give some advice. We're having a heck of a time getting the AEM EMS to fit where the stock ECM fits. Here's what we have so far:

We've bent [3] down to allow some room, but it looks we'll also need to bend either [1] or [2]. I'm not thrilled about bending the OEM screw holes. But I will if we have to. What did others do to get it crammed in there?

Also, what did others do to get the serial cable to connect. It looks like there isn't enough clearance for the box with the serial cable attached. Did anyone get it installed with the serial cable in place?

Thanks, Gary
Old 01-11-2004, 12:34 PM

I sold my AEM and decided to stick with eManage for now. I had trouble fitting it in also, and considered mounting the electronics in a smaller case. It looks like it could be done pretty easy. I know others have gotten it to fit in place of the stock ecu, but I think the plastic cover panel bulges out.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:55 PM

I also saw some here http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=119172 that said some mounted it elsewhere with a custom harness. I wouldn't mind putting it under/behind the seat. I sent an email to Jaker to find out if he can. If not, any others that can?

Thanks, Gary
Old 01-11-2004, 04:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I cut the front of # 2 with a dremmel and bent it back out of the way. There is a space where the cable will go if you look up in there. It is a tight fit against the connector. Move the connector just behind it down (the white one at the bottom of the picture.) Mine only sticks out about 1/2 inch pending a new holder. I did dremmel the very top of the side pannel to eliminate some of the interference.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:39 PM

I did dremmel the very top of the side pannel to eliminate some of the interference.
Do you mean the side panel of the EMS or the side panel of the car? I assume the EMS. Would that be the top corner that is up towards [3]?
Old 01-11-2004, 10:19 PM

All I had to do was completely cut out #3 and the EMS will fit with the serial cord plugged in. Its not all the way back like the stock ecu but sticks out just a little.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GaryRudolph
Old 01-12-2004, 12:10 AM

Great, the biggest issue was I was leary of removing the stock mounting locations and then finding out the serial cable wouldn't fit. I do prefer it to fit under the dash instead of under/behind the seat.
It sounds like I just need to spend some more time under the dash with a grinder/dremel and some loving taps
Old 01-12-2004, 01:02 AM

The metal on the mounting tabs is very light and after cutting one side you can just bend it back with a push from a screwdriver.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:08 AM

Originally posted by GaryRudolph
Great, the biggest issue was I was leary of removing the stock mounting locations and then finding out the serial cable wouldn't fit. I do prefer it to fit under the dash instead of under/behind the seat.
It sounds like I just need to spend some more time under the dash with a grinder/dremel and some loving taps
remember to bring the camera too Gary
please take some pics as well Gary

I will be *hopefull* installing mine soon...so any visual help is much appreciated

Quick Reply: AEM EMS Fitment