S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Alarm not arming or flashing but central locking fine

Old 09-23-2014, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm not arming or flashing but central locking fine

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I have a UK 2004 with the OEM alarm! Key fob is the one with 3 buttons: boot release, lock and unlock
It definately has the alarm and it came from new. I have set it off multiple times in the past,

I need your help.... I recently had the hood latch off and replaced a rusted spring release
At the time i noticed the pressure switch located in the bonnet latch had snapped free and was dangling not sure if this happened in removal or not.

Anyway fixed the bonnet release and put the switch back were it was located inside the bonnet latch although not firmly in place as the clip had broken. (its for the alarm in case theive's pop the bonnet externally from underneath i belive)

Car has since been to the shop for alignment and wing repair aswell and I hadbnt noticed alarm stopped working yet.
When i got back late one night I noticed that the alarm will not arm. The fob works and unlocks/locks and also opens the boot still which is why I havent noticed in the day.
The indicators dont flash like they used to and the red flashing light on steering column showing the alarm activated or immobiliser doesnt flash now when locked.
I cant set the alarm off either!

Its liek the alarm has stopped but the central locking and fobs are working???

Not sure if either of the work carried out is related or not but the alarm is not responding. COuld it be i have blown a fuse when doing the bonnet or when the alignment was done.

Does the car have a fuse for the alarm only (that would still let central locking and fobs work remotely)

Have i disabled the alarm by accident with the FOB?

Any light shed on this would be very helpful as there are no similar faults i can find on the web!

Thanks in advance.
Charlie
Old 09-25-2014, 02:36 AM

OK so i worked out it was the bonnet sensor it needs to be drepressed (normally actioned by a closed bonnet for the alarm to activate. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue, if the alarm is off when you disconnect the switch it just disables the alarm, If it was locked when you remove the swithc then the alarm would go off
Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by furiousbadgerchalk
OK so i worked out it was the bonnet sensor it needs to be drepressed (normally actioned by a closed bonnet for the alarm to activate. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue, if the alarm is off when you disconnect the switch it just disables the alarm, If it was locked when you remove the swithc then the alarm would go off
I am having the exact same issue on my 2006 S2000. Do you perhaps have photos of what I am looking for as I dont want to mess around and get it wrong