S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Any interest in an aftermarket custom fuel rail?

Old 10-01-2002, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in an aftermarket custom fuel rail?

I have the blueprint for an enlarged diameter fuel rail, and am trying to gauge if there is any interest in a custom fuel rail which would allow a larger flow of fuel with less possibility of backpulsing.. This applies in particular to anyone with a speedcraft kit or any other sort of forced induction where larger injectors and fuel pumps are the "next step" in your progression.

The bore is slightly larger than 1/2 inch, but I would have to double check the blueprint. It should be good for up to 1000cc injectors without backpulse (says my machinist).

It would use your stock fuel rail, and would most likely be based on the core-charge system that has been used here in the past (proflow throttle bodies, comptech differentials, etc). You tell me you want one, I send you one, you send me your stock one when complete.

Price would be probably between 150 and 300, which I know is kind of vague, but at this point I am only trying to tell how many (if any) we should make, and if I should pursue "corporate sponsorship" of s2ki.

Gimme a if anyone is interested or has questions. Thanks-

cd
Old 10-01-2002, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are two vendors already developing this product.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:33 PM

hecash: Most likely, let me double check though - I'm going through my mechanic, who's going through his friend's brother who happens to be the machinist in question. It's a bit of a chain to get info.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:34 PM

Oh, there are? My bad. Who are they? I wasn't aware of a fuel rail for the s2000, but I didn't look too hard either.

cd

PS: And to whom it might concern, the "prices and rates" article for sponsors is missing on the site. :]
Old 10-01-2002, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by hecash
Fill us in jerrypeterson?
Ever received information on a confidential basis? All I can say is that this will happen, and two different vendors are working on it. Vendors names, release dates, and pricing I cannot disclose.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:49 PM

When I bought the Comptech kit I specifically remember "Fuel Rail" being on the list of parts when it arrived. My Fuel rail "looks" stock, but could be bored. My mechanic cannot remember if it was replaced or not. Someone might want to contact them and see if it is a different piece, and if they sell them seperately the way they do some of the other parts (FPR, Fuel Pump, ESM, etc).
Old 10-01-2002, 02:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]When I bought the Comptech kit I specifically remember "Fuel Rail" being on the list of parts when it arrived.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ChrisD, I guess I would also be interested in this.

I was about thinking of custom making one with someone's advice but I rather have your people do it.
I need to start doing something to have my car tuned before I choke it to deat.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:33 PM

I'll be interested.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be great if the fuel rail had a test port at the end ...........This would help greatly in the nitrous install.......the "t" fitting on the fuel line still worries me....even though fuel preesure is only like 50lbs...i still have nightmares of the "t" coming loss and .......FIRE>>>FIRE >>>FIRE in the hole........ahhhhhhh...But it would be nice to have a test port.........these one in development do they have a test port?

Quick Reply: Any interest in an aftermarket custom fuel rail?