S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Ballade Sports Heavy Duty Inboard CV Joint Assembly - any experience?

Old 04-22-2014, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ballade Sports Heavy Duty Inboard CV Joint Assembly - any experience?

Hi,

does anybody have any experience with the Heavy Duty Inboard CV Joint Assembly from Ballade Sports?
Does it really last longer?

Maybe somebody has already used it for extensive trackdays/racing, drifting or in combination with supercharged engines - for heavy duty...

Thanks.
JagoBlitz
Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I plan on using these when I go to a puddymod diff, but not too much information is available review wise about them
Old 06-09-2014, 05:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay away from the Ballade Sports CV Joints!
I got mine last week and the quality is junk!

Have a look at the pictures, btw - one tripod was stuck in the Housing. I had to warm up the housing and must used some heavy equipment to get it out.
Never seen such a poor quality.

The Parts are not painted, some weird surfaces on the guides, the rubber booth doesn't fit and the packing was very poor.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:42 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Maybe they are leftover parts from the Honda Ballade, from the 1980's and I don't think it was ever sold int he U.S., correct?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by tiger1964
Maybe they are leftover parts from the Honda Ballade, from the 1980's and I don't think it was ever sold int he U.S., correct?
No, these are new parts from Ballade Sports:

http://www.balladesports.com/product...t-assembly-kit
Old 06-09-2014, 07:15 AM

Received 1,307 Likes on 795 Posts

I had no problem with install, but the boots definitely can't be used with stock Honda axles.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250
I had no problem with install, but the boots definitely can't be used with stock Honda axles.
Ballade Sports said that you can stretch the boots to fit the axle...I doubt that.

Billman, did you have any problems with vibration after installing the parts?
Old 06-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personal opinion.... these things are junk. The tri cv max angle is 15 degrees... So if your low, hardened metal against hardened metal will do the same as soft against soft... destroy each other. I've done alot of research for why a damn set of stage 2.9 axles are $1000 and this is a joke as well... sorry I get irritated over scams. I've developed my own stage 2.9 axles with the 25 degree angle they allow and so has a lot of other people. I'll give you guys a hint and go to the drive shaft shops website and read about how their 2.9s are build and what the inner cv is made of. If you can replace an inner cv you can build a practical 2.0 axle. The extra .9 is a secret you'll have to find on your own!!!

Thanks for reading the rant good luck!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bpaspi
Stay away from the Ballade Sports CV Joints!
I got mine last week and the quality is junk!

Have a look at the pictures, btw - one tripod was stuck in the Housing. I had to warm up the housing and must used some heavy equipment to get it out.
Never seen such a poor quality.

The Parts are not painted, some weird surfaces on the guides, the rubber booth doesn't fit and the packing was very poor.
Hello Raimond (bpaspi)

We are very sorry for your inconvenience. Unfortunately the shipping carrier to Germany from USA did not do very well with the package and I can see the TRI-POD became stuck in the CV cup. The CV cups you received are BRAND NEW. The surface you see on the inside is from the forging process. This is common for all Constant Velocity Joints when they are made. If you look at any OEM inner housing even before it is used they have same visual marks inside. I am very sorry you do not approve of the change in color from black oxide to Steel. The black oxide hid the burn marks in our original batch of CV joints. We sometime have to change color for a new batch in case of failures we can identify which batch they came from.

Here is a video example from youtube: Not Actual Manufacturing Company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_1cGvTbZg

We have sold hundreds of these CV joints for the last 2 years. In fact even the CV joints given to Billman for review was back in DECEMBER 2012. We have never received any complaints from failure after installation thus far.

I'm glad you were able to extract the TRI-POD from the cup, and very sorry for the shipping mishap. Please feel free to PM me if necessary, or we can continue communicating through other avenues online. I'm sure we can come to a compromise for your inconvenience.

Alex Doan
Ballade Sports
Old 06-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JagoBlitz
Originally Posted by Billman250' timestamp='1402326907' post='23196067
Ballade Sports said that you can stretch the boots to fit the axle...I doubt that.

Billman, did you have any problems with vibration after installing the parts?
Hi Justus (JagoBlitz)

I'm sorry you had trouble with the CV boot, but I assure you they do fit. We had to make them smaller in diameter to fit after market axle shafts as well as OEM Honda. Enclosed is a photo of our CV cup with our CV boot installed on a factory axle shaft.

We agree it is tight and difficult, but this is the cost of our boot being made to fit two sizes, unlike Honda's specific OEM shaft boot only.

Quick Reply: Ballade Sports Heavy Duty Inboard CV Joint Assembly - any experience?