S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Bonz cold air intake

Old 03-02-2006, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonz cold air intake

Has anyone install the BOMZ cold air intake on your S2K? I need help! How in the hell do you install this thing. It seems to have a hole where the big vacuum hose goes, but I would have to make an adapter to attach it. If anyone has done this adaptation, please let me know. Plus there are about 6 vacuum hoses that I need to pug, I'm not clear as to which one to plug? the instructions for this kit seems to come off of a diesel truck cause it doesn't match anything on my car. Thanks,
Willie
Old 03-02-2006, 06:27 AM

6 vacuum hoses? are you sure thats for a s2k?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It's not likely that it's for an S2000. Anytime you get a product that is not meant for a specific application, the owner must take on the responsibility to make the necessary modifications to make it work. In a lot of cases like this, the product never quite works the way it should had it been designed specifically for the intended application.
I would suggest you find an installation manual for some other dedicated S2000 CAI and use that as a guide for all the connections. Actually, if you look carefully at the stock setup and follow all the hoses in and out of the intake, this will give you a pretty good clue as to what will be involved in putting on another type of intake. All those hoses and piping must still go in and out the same places.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:42 AM

i have a bomz intake and its fine
Old 03-02-2006, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by darkfx,Mar 2 2006, 10:42 AM
i have a bomz intake and its fine
Can you at least confirm there are "6" vacuum hoses on your version?

No offense but your post is not helping anyone.

wil687,

It sounds like you do not have the correct version. Did you buy it new or used?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 AM

Sorry guys, I guess I'm not explaining my self correctly. I purchased the intake new and I double checked and the intake is designed for an S2K. The kit brings 2 silicon hoses about half inch (diameter) 2 metal pipes, 5 metal clamps and an air filter. Now the first issue that I'm having and I have intalled before two Injen intakes on a Celica and a Civic (so I've done the job before) is that first of all, the chrome pipe that connects to the intake manifold has two holes a small one to the left that should connect to the exaust gases outlet (in front of the valve cover) with a rubber connector and a big one to the right that is just a hole, now when I disconnected the hose from the stock intake that comes from the bottom left fender
(there is a motor of some sort, I'm don't know what is for) the tip has a metal connector which doesn't fit so I do'nt know if I have to push the rubber hose in, fabricate or use a small threaded pipe to connect the hose. The second issue that I'm having is that the installation instructions for other brands shows that you use a silicon hose to connect directly from the exaust gases outlet straight to the small hole on the left but this will bypass all the small vacuum hoses that connect to a small valve that screws on top of the factory intake. So I'm totally confused as to what to do in this case. I have made a sketch diagram but I do not know how to upload the pictures to the page that I'm posting on. I don't own a digital camera so I cannot take a picture of the engine bay to explain. Thanks again guys!!