S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Buying a S2000 need a few tips guys

Old 05-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Buying a S2000 need a few tips guys

Hi everyone I finally decided to pull the trigger and get the S2K over the 350z and the Evo9. because of its looks, liability, drop top, the sexy v-tech .... so on. Here is my question, the car I found is a 07 S2K with 40000 miles certified honda, asking for 23 I will be trying to get it down to at least 20-21. I was wondering what you guys would do right after you guys get the car. I was thinking of a good synthetic oil change (royal purple maybe?) any advice on that. check the breaks, clutch, leaks. Anything else I should know about this car? I know that when checking the tires I should check all the way inside the tires not just the edges. Please give me some advice on the oil and anything else that I should change on the car. I will be ordering the Greddy single exhaust probably sometime this week I know I know ppl will say feel the car first but I know what I want and I want this car to scream .

Thank you all.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First I would ask when ALL of the fluids were changed. Certified Honda so I'd assume they had changed them all when they put them on the lot. If not, find out when and you might wanna look into that.

Royal purple has shown some pretty bad results. Catrol edge ran good for me, chewed through mobil1, running penzoil platinum right now and it seems great. Redline, motul make great fluids, or you could go with some super jdm eneos
Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 PM

What is the best oil out there for the first one I wanna get the best just to get the engine running right idk what the previews owner put in this all my cars I have always ran synthetic oils infiniti I use to put Q motor oil it was great. Anyone try Q?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Step one change the oil but def not Royal Purple it doesn't do well in our engines for one reason or another Mobil 1, penzoil platinum.

Your getting an AP2 so what alot of people do is change the slave cylinder on the clutch its very easy cheap and gives the car a better shift in high RPMs thread explains it

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry5136692

second the rest of your mod's would depend on your budget and how fast you wanna go. Personally I bought this car for the ability to "easily" turbo charge it. It's never "bolt on" but you can easily get 500+ hp with a new headgasket and a good tubo kit. Inline pro makes some of the best things for this car and has the best customer service of any business you'll ever deal with.

Lastly me and four other friends all had this car at one point in time about 3 years ago. I am now the lone survivor, these cars do not drive well in the rain and especially the snow any kind of weather change do yourself a favor and take it easy.

These cars are amazing you must have one you won't be disappointed
Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 PM

Oh and if you want the car to scream get a J's exhaust I think it's probably the loudest out. HKS makes a very good exhaust I have invidia the drone on these cars is pretty deafening regaurdless
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 PM

I was thinking of getting the Greddy Ti-c with a TP and maybe a V2 intake and that's it for a while just a few exterior mods until I have money for a CT SC. Thanks for all the info guys. Keep them coming.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:10 PM

v2 is a good choice however...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=284873&hl=

the v2 has been known to hydro lock the engine. The issue isn't always driving in the rain it's when the car has been sitting for sometime in the rain and then you come to start it. Say you go out to eat it starts raining while your there. When you come out to start the car it seems 50/50 on hyrdo lock

That thread is the "solution" i got scared and used a short ram intake before i got my Inlinepro kit
Old 05-24-2010, 07:27 PM

Is there a better intake with no problem like that because at work my car will stay parked under the wait a few days during the work hours. How about Fujita Cold Air Intake ?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 PM

Even tho I live in SoCal my car will be a daily driver and at work my parking stop kinda sucks during the rainy season.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 PM

I know I know search but anyone know great aftermarket replacement brake pads? One of the best ones out there for the car for daily driving might show up to a few track meets

Quick Reply: Buying a S2000 need a few tips guys