S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Car turns on while unplugging the crank position sensor and wont start with it plugged in....

Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car turns on while unplugging the crank position sensor and wont start with it plugged in....

UPDATE i was working on the car today and as my friend is testing the crank position sensor he told me to crank it as it was unplugged to see if it was getting power... And the car started lol... i guess if you unplug it it defaults to the cam position sensors and fires right up... Idles a little rough, but still idles fine.... I have to trace the wire for the crank position sensor to my ecu.. anyone have any idea what color it would be for the ecu harness?? or what pin

MODS
Greddy emanage ultimate w/ harness
turbo blah blah blah
aem tru boost and aem uego wideband (both are wired to the accessory slot for ignition for power source) i tried while disconnecting it and starting it and it didn't start either way..
Also have a blitz turbo timer... wired into the ignition wires in the fuse box under the dash...
Name:  100_0748.jpg
Views: 2874
Size:  81.9 KB Mine is wired up the same way like this... i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.... i mean it started before i don't see why it would effect it now...

So i was cruising around in my new boosted car for the first time and it was running great. We tweaked the tune a bit for the 650cc injectors instead of the 550cc injectors greddy has for their basemap. So i'm cruising going around 60mph on the highway and the car just loses power and so i popped it into 5th gear and it starts up again but dies again immediately... So i cruised it to a stop on the side of the highway. OH the AFR was 13.8ish when it died....

Well i had to jump the car because i guess the battery died while it was sitting for 5 weeks while i was building my car. Note: the battery was disconnected the whole time so i don't see why it would be drained for any reason... But i jumped it to get it started and it started up perfectly. Drove it for a mile and parked it to fix some issues with my oil filter relocation kit. Then i went on a little cruise and the scenario above is what happened...

I had it towed to my buddy's shop and we tried everything. We hooked it up to my friends jump box and all it does is crank... it won't start... so we pull the code and its p1361 for the TDC sensor. fuel pump is priming and my friend said he could hear the fuel in the engine bay or w/e... so next we check the coil packs to see if they're giving any sparks while i try and start the car and its not...

I replaced the sensor on the valve covers both of them and i guess the next sensor to replace would be the crank position sensor which i don't really want to do since its 100+...

My question is what could cause this to happen?

I read up and researched this a bit and some people are saying that it could be a faulty battery? i mean after we put the battery on charge it still seems to die pretty quick... after being fully charged it will try to start the car and then it barely has any power to put the windows up... To me i think it might be a ground somewhere or a wiring issue that i may be having... I tried taking my emanage ultimate harness off and just connecting my harness straight to the ecu but it still wont start...

the green light for the immobilizer comes on so i know its not the key or the immobilizer. Can someone please help me with this problem.... I may just end up taking the whole turbo kit off and selling it lol.... big big headache... car ran perfectly fine before i boosted it... ran for approximately 5 miles before it died...
Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 AM

tell me those electrical wire picture is from a while back, not when its on?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 AM

That's not my car haha it was the same way I wired my turbo timer.. I have put electrical tape on mine so none of the wires touch accidentally
Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 AM

haha roger that. I know nothing about ECU tuning but that just scared me
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM

haha....
Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check all your grounds, Its probably your alternator or battery. Get them checked out at a parts store for free. unplug the turbo timer. might be staying on with the ignition.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:20 PM

so its not the battery lol i bought a new one and it still just cranks.... hha
Old 04-21-2011, 03:18 PM

When I pull the connection for the crank position sensor it fires right up... I'm guessing a wore got lose somewhere... Does anyone have a complete diagram of the connection for the ecu pins??? The ones I've found are incomplete