S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Driver side door wont lock/unlock and alarm wont arm

Old 02-27-2020, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side door wont lock/unlock and alarm wont arm

So recently i noticed my driver side door isn’t locking or unlocking with the key fob however i can still manually lock and unlock it with the key itself. Alarm doesn’t arm either. Passenger side works fine with key fob and the panic button works as well. I replaced the driver side door lock actuator and still no luck. Checked the fuses 5, 25, 26 and they are good. Door lock mechanism shows no sign of ceasing/buildup and i also replaced key fob battery. I want to take a look at the keyless door lock control unit but that’s my last resort. Have i exhausted all my options? Please help!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 01:29 PM

Received 281 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm in the exact same predicament. Like you, replaced actuator with no luck; I also replaced the keyless remote unit and that didn't work either! Per the troubleshooting steps in the service manual, it seems to point to a problem with the actual harness, although I can't imagine how/where -- the wires/connectors still look great end-to-end, so I'm skeptical that replacing it would even work (but it would definitely involve tearing apart even more of the car). So yeah, I'm stumped, and have just been living with it for the past few months.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twohoos
I'm in the exact same predicament. Like you, replaced actuator with no luck; I also replaced the keyless remote unit and that didn't work either! Per the troubleshooting steps in the service manual, it seems to point to a problem with the actual harness, although I can't imagine how/where -- the wires/connectors still look great end-to-end, so I'm skeptical that replacing it would even work (but it would definitely involve tearing apart even more of the car). So yeah, I'm stumped, and have just been living with it for the past few months.
okay so i managed to fix the problem today i have a 04 and under the driver seat there is a alarm control unit. It’s a black box that’s bolted to the driver seat. There should be three harnesses. I had them unplugged because i had installed a pair of bride bucket seats installed and I never switched them over. If you are running the oem seats it could be a possibility that there is a break in one of the wire harnesses?
Old 02-29-2020, 02:44 PM

Received 281 Likes on 141 Posts

Yeah this inspired me to go try again and I think I found my issue. Like you, I had the seats out recently while doing other stuff and when reinstalling it looks like I damaged the unlock relay or the connector. Just another weekend project...