S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

eps light on, no power steering!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eps light on, no power steering!

hello, I have a 2001 Honda s2000, and the EPS light is on,and there is no power steering. I have swapped out the little EPS control module, that is located next to the battery, but it did nothing still no power steering and the light is still on. any help would help thank you
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

What mods do you have on your car?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
What mods do you have on your car?
100% stock
Old 07-26-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Use the jumper trick and read the code. The EPS light is the one to watch.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 AM

whats the jumper trick? we have took the battery off and rubbed the cables but nothing, we think it might be some kinda sensor that went bad. we checked to see if we had power going to the rack, and there was power going to it, and to the little module that we changed, but we think there may not be power coming from the steering wheel it self "the column" but i dont know if there is a sensor on that. Anybody know what tells the rack to turn? like what is the beginning, whats the first thing that happens when i turn the wheel? yeah im a nuwbie
Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 AM

Pull the codes with a paper clip in the obd2 port. Search on here for how. The only sensor that is specific to the rack is the torque sensor on the input shaft.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by SgtB
Pull the codes with a paper clip in the obd2 port. Search on here for how. The only sensor that is specific to the rack is the torque sensor on the input shaft.
i found some stuff about the paper clip trick, but i cant find the plug that you put the paper clip in. i got fed up with it and just stopped looking, everyone one says something different on here.. do you have a picture of the plug? my brother has the little thing that you plug on things and it pops up the code, could i use that instead of a paper clip? i think they where talking about that? thank you very much, sorry if im asking to much or anything..thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM

It's in the passenger footwell bolted to the dash right next to the transmission tunnel facing straight down. The tool will not blink the codes. You need to use the paper clip. Make sure you jump the correct pins.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 PM

Its actually in the drivers side under the dash near the trans tunnel. It has numbers at each end of it. You need to short one end to the #4 pin and the other to the #9 pin. I'm have the same problem accept for when I try to clear the code on the second 45 degree turn of the wheel, the code starts blnking again. Anyone know why this is?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by *JG*
Its actually in the drivers side under the dash near the trans tunnel. It has numbers at each end of it. You need to short one end to the #4 pin and the other to the #9 pin. I'm have the same problem accept for when I try to clear the code on the second 45 degree turn of the wheel, the code starts blnking again. Anyone know why this is?
ok so i just find that wire, connect pin 4 and pin 9 and it should put a code on the dash? thanks lol im so slow

Quick Reply: eps light on, no power steering!