S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

FX300 Clutch Buzz

Old 09-27-2018, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FX300 Clutch Buzz

I recently installed a Clutchmasters FX300 clutch in MY05. After installing and taking it for a drive I notice a slight whining/buzzing noise on deceleration only. (Perfectly quiet on acceleration and seems to have no problem holding power) Everything was torqued to spec and Honda UREA grease was used for the install. I am at about 800 miles on this clutch now and the noise hasn't changed after break in. Do other FX300 owners also experience this?
Old 09-27-2018, 06:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've got a custom one off Sprung FX500 and have a similar sound when slowing down.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:10 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I think most aftermarket discs will buzz to an extent, oem disc is the way to go in order to eliminate it
Old 09-27-2018, 10:04 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, I put in the THMotorsports FX300 with their fully enclosed disk. At first I was pissed it was buzzing, but I have to say, the feel and overall experience with this clutch so far has been so good that I don’t care about the buzzing anymore. It has not gotten any less noisey since day 1.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I wish I knew this before buying mine. The LHT guys talk very highly of this clutch and never mentioned the buzz so I thought this clutch wouldn't have that. It does hold the power well and feel nice though.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by mdulai
Man I wish I knew this before buying mine. The LHT guys talk very highly of this clutch and never mentioned the buzz so I thought this clutch wouldn't have that. It does hold the power well and feel nice though.
I felt the EXACT same way
Old 09-28-2018, 01:59 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ACT HD PP + OEM disc/bearings/etc, there's a reason why everyone on the forums runs this setup!

LHT has a great youtube channel but they push (arguably subpar) products too much (ie: Kraftwerks SC, Skunk2 headers and clutchmasters clutches)
Old 09-28-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
ACT HD PP + OEM disc/bearings/etc, there's a reason why everyone on the forums runs this setup!

LHT has a great youtube channel but they push (arguably subpar) products too much (ie: Kraftwerks SC, Skunk2 headers and clutchmasters clutches)
Well I disagree with that, the clutch comes with 100% OEM bearings and performs flawlessly, and it’s not even that buzzy, just more than stock. And I also don’t agree that a skunk2 header and Kraftwerks are bad products, the import community gets all worked over name brands and JDM parts even if they don’t produce the power. The skunk 2 header fits perfect, and makes power with a SC, so what’s wrong with that?? The Kraftwerks kit has proven to be reliable when installed correctly as they have proven. I don’t know if you’ve watched many YouTube videos of people working on S2000’s but the majority (not all) are not mechanics, they throw shit together without an ounce of care and wonder why stuff doesn’t work, as is the case with a lot of DIY Kraftwerks installs.
The following users liked this post:
BillNeale (01-22-2022)
Old 09-28-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc

Well I disagree with that, the clutch comes with 100% OEM bearings and performs flawlessly, and it’s not even that buzzy, just more than stock. And I also don’t agree that a skunk2 header and Kraftwerks are bad products, the import community gets all worked over name brands and JDM parts even if they don’t produce the power. The skunk 2 header fits perfect, and makes power with a SC, so what’s wrong with that?? The Kraftwerks kit has proven to be reliable when installed correctly as they have proven. I don’t know if you’ve watched many YouTube videos of people working on S2000’s but the majority (not all) are not mechanics, they throw shit together without an ounce of care and wonder why stuff doesn’t work, as is the case with a lot of DIY Kraftwerks installs.
Not gonna lie but even the Ballade install of the KW kit looked pretty janky in terms of execution....LHT is the only shop I’d let put that kit on my car
Old 09-28-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by S2kys

Not gonna lie but even the Ballade install of the KW kit looked pretty janky in terms of execution....LHT is the only shop I’d let put that kit on my car
Yes!! I thought I was the only one thinking that watching the Ballade install, rushed. That’s why I do all my own work.

Quick Reply: FX300 Clutch Buzz