S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

FX300 Clutch Buzz

Old 01-24-2019, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
Shoot she buzzed on acceleration to lol, it’s the worst when i sit around 2500-3000. So every time I’m in my neighborhood.

i have the same problem. I bought it because I’m running the same setup and lht has done so many and never thought I’d get a buzz. I’ve gotten used to it.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:54 PM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by unclebobby
I bought a complete FX200 from clutch masters and hated the buzz so badly that I sold the disc and went with an OEM. My current setup is CM PP, OEM Disc and everything else and couldn't be happier with the feel and performance.
does it grab better than OEM but still allow slippage so you don't look like you can't drive properly when taking off from lights? How much torque can that CM PP hold?
Old 01-25-2019, 05:40 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

The CM PP is more than enough PP for the car in both NA and low boost form. The pedal doesn't feel too much heaver than stock if even at all. If I'm not mistaken the CM PP is a few hundred lbs higher clamping force than the OEM plate, forget the exact number. The best answer to your question is that my driveability hasn't suffered at all, there's no on/off switch feeling and WOT shifts are super solid. Definitely go this route instead of selling everything off. I run a competition 9lb flywheel with my setup and love that too.

oh and, no buzz!
Old 01-27-2019, 02:47 AM

The CM PP is more than enough PP for the car in both NA and low boost form. The pedal doesn't feel too much heaver than stock if even at all. If I'm not mistaken the CM PP is a few hundred lbs higher clamping force than the OEM plate, forget the exact number. The best answer to your question is that my driveability hasn't suffered at all, there's no on/off switch feeling and WOT shifts are super solid. Definitely go this route instead of selling everything off. I run a competition 9lb flywheel with my setup and love that too.

oh and, no buzz!
Well answered, thanks! When the time comes I'll keep the CM PP in mind but chances are high I'll go ACT HD PP on my AP1 with stock flywheel
Old 01-28-2019, 05:39 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Well answered, thanks! When the time comes I'll keep the CM PP in mind but chances are high I'll go ACT HD PP on my AP1 with stock flywheel
honestly man the CM plate is great, no point in spending extra money. If you go that route and don't enjoy it as much as I do I'd be shocked.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 PM

honestly man the CM plate is great, no point in spending extra money. If you go that route and don't enjoy it as much as I do I'd be shocked.
Is the CM plate cheaper than the ACT one?
Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Pretty sure you can't get the CM pressure plate without their friction disc.
CM pressure plate will hold less torque than the ACT one so if you are going to boost just go with the tried and tested ACT + oem friction disc.
There are zero drivability issues with this setup, after I did mine the pedal effort was actually smoother and softer than full OEM setup with dried up grease.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
CM pressure plate will hold less torque than the ACT one so if you are going to boost just go with the tried and tested ACT + oem friction disc.
There are zero drivability issues with this setup, after I did mine the pedal effort was actually smoother and softer than full OEM setup with dried up grease.
Sage advice. Pedal effort sounds comfortable. I'd just like to feel a little more bite off the line and when repeatedly changing at 9k - quicker engagement than just the OEM setup which, after it gets hot tends to slip a little bit especially with quick changes on a slight incline. I experienced this on track recently and my setup is still new-ish. Still feels smooth, nice, etc.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:42 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
Funny you mention that. After reading earlier I looked to see if CM sells just their pp, and yup, you can only buy it in a kit.

ACT HD and OEM disk is king for most people within the 400-500whp range @ or slightly above 300 ft/lbs of torque, and that's where a lot of people like to stay. Can't wait to get mine installed and give impressions on it. According to THMotorsports testing, the ACT and CM PP is virtually identical in clamping force. They said roughly 2400 lbs for the CM PP, and 25-2600 for the ACT. In terms of pedal feel it's all subjective....not seeing how the CM PP can achieve the same clamping load with less force required and replicate the feel of an OEM PP which has roughly 6-700 lbs less clamping force @ 1870 lbs. I'd imagine the ACT + OEM setup feels similar to the CM in essentially every way minus the buzz.

The only real concerning factor for most people should be the cost. The ACT + OEM disk & bearing setup is quite a bit more expensive vs. buying the FX300 kits with a Nachi bearing already included. I think the money is well worth it. @hecash on here said he was running the ACT & OEM disk combo for years @ 400whp and when he went to replace the disk as preventative maintenance the friction disk was still almost within "new" tolerance....Can't go wrong imo.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:26 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Does CM kits come with oem Nachi bearings?

Quick Reply: FX300 Clutch Buzz