S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

HeCash Brake Ducting System (FYI)

Old 07-30-2003, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Asura,

I
Old 08-02-2003, 01:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great, any chance cabon fiber brake ducts be possible?
Old 08-04-2003, 11:23 AM

Amer, I don't know to whom your post is addressed, as nobody's selling anything here -- just sharing what we've learned from making our own ducts. At one point, someone was fabricating a carbon fiber kit, but you'd have to do a search to find them. Soeren's kit is great, but it's definitely not bling-bling.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the post. I too installed brake ducting with great results at the track. I would not have attempted this mod without all the great info found on this board. I would like to offer an alternative to removing the nose of the car. By leaving the the bumper/nose in place & removing the fender liner I was able to run the entire cooling duct and then cut a "U" shaped notch in the fender liner and reinstall it over the flex duct. I will post pics if anyone is interested. Good luck!!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:31 PM

thank you very much for the link to the NACA ducts. I don't necessarily need them to cool the brakes (I don't track the car), but I hate fake ducts and it's a nice clean mod to just bring more cooling air to the engine compartment.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 AM

EXCELLENT write up, I was considering doing something similar with my J's racing front lip... I already cut the faux ducts so that the built in J's ducts fit through.

Now all I need to do is get the ducting hose and the flanges for the dust shields.

Thanks for the inspiration!

-Jeff
Old 09-10-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Running the ducts to the stock backing plate works fine but I recommend using a grill at the bumper opening. Over time leaves, insects, and other items will stack up at the backing plate (unless you cut a larger opening there) and block airflow.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:04 AM

I mounted the Wick's flanges with the flange INSIDE the dust cover, so there is absolutely nothing but a hole where the duct attaches to the dust shield (there's also nothing to restrict all that air from entering the vents, either, which was the main reason for cutting the hole so large).
Old 01-02-2005, 08:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbender,Jul 17 2003, 06:22 PM
4. Be absolutely sure to enter the wheelwell as far INboard as possible. I also went as "high" as possible and then compressed the duct into an oval shape in order to clear my 225 front tires. I get about a half inch of clearance with me in the car, and I don't have any rubbing problems, but it's necessary to ziptie the ducting to the sway bar and to pull is as far DOWN as possible. Were I to do it over again, it might have been better to enter the wheelwell lower, but my setup works, and I didn't want to cut more than one hole in the liner.
I'm gonna be doing my own write-up, but I thought I would add my experience to this. I thought I had been very aggressive with getting my routing away from the tire, but when I was hitting in three different places after my first attempt (with stock 205 tires!), I realized that I had to drasticly up the aggression level and become A BRUTE! So I ruthlessly slashed away more fender liner and managed to come up with about an inch more clearance. Basically, you have to come in AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to the anti-roll bar. Then it works.

That's with three inch ducting -- two inch ducts would be a piece of cake.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Write-Up

Quick Reply: HeCash Brake Ducting System (FYI)