S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Help

Old 01-12-2020, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

So was driving last night and out if no where my car did not let me shift into gear in the middle of the freeway after couple tries it let me out it in gear enoght to let me merge from one side to the end of the freeway , now I'm not able to put it into any gear if the car is off them it let's me shift gears but once it's on its feel stuck , I replace my master cylinder which was leaking but did not help was told could be the slave cylinder when trying to shift into a gear it just feel like the clutch is not opening to let me slide in ...
Old 01-12-2020, 08:15 PM

Received 416 Likes on 347 Posts

It could be a lot of things. Could be the hydraulics, it could be the clutch itself.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:52 PM

Received 139 Likes on 114 Posts

So car off you cannot shift. Car on it does let you shift?

No punctuation makes it hard to tell what you are trying to say.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:15 AM

Received 1,443 Likes on 967 Posts

Brake fluid bleed issue?
Old 01-13-2020, 05:24 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

@Rosasale it would appear the clutch is not disengaging easy to test with a helper just put the car in gear with the engine stopped then press the clutch and see if the car can be pushed it will take two people to do this car probably won't move which will confirm the clutch is engaged all the time could be anything including the clutch itself

-- Chuck
Old 01-13-2020, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same issue last spring. My clutch disc had a little broken piece to it.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:02 AM

Received 1,213 Likes on 938 Posts

Do what Chuck said. If, when the car is off but in gear, you cant move it when the clutch is depressed, then need to determine the issue with the clutch. In that case, get under the car (on stands, safely of course) and get to where you can see the slave cylinder boot. You can pull the boot back or just feel it when someone depresses the clutch to see if the clutch fork is moving. If it is not, then you have either a clutch linkage (from pedal to master cylinder) issue or an issue in the hydraulics. If the clutch fork is moving properly (Should move all the way forward and backward when the pedal is actuated) and it is not disengaging the clutch, the tranny will need to be pulled to determine what is going on and to fix it.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Rosasale,
If you just replaced the clutch master cylinder, there is probably still air in the slave cylinder which is why the clutch won't disengage. I would try bleeding the system again, maybe several times, until the slave cylinder will move when you depress the clutch pedal.
Larry
Old 01-13-2020, 01:15 PM

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,001 Posts

My guess is the car has an aftermarket clutch disk, and one of the springs broke and fell out,now causing the clutch to be constantly engaged.

The only fix would beto replace the clutch, this time using proper Honda parts so issue doesn't reoccur after 20k miles or so.

Of course, you should first rule out all the simple stuff. Air in the lines, misadjusted clutch rod, etc. Once those are ruled out, plan for new clutch.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
Do what Chuck said. If, when the car is off but in gear, you cant move it when the clutch is depressed, then need to determine the issue with the clutch. In that case, get under the car (on stands, safely of course) and get to where you can see the slave cylinder boot. You can pull the boot back or just feel it when someone depresses the clutch to see if the clutch fork is moving. If it is not, then you have either a clutch linkage (from pedal to master cylinder) issue or an issue in the hydraulics. If the clutch fork is moving properly (Should move all the way forward and backward when the pedal is actuated) and it is not disengaging the clutch, the tranny will need to be pulled to determine what is going on and to fix it.

I will Try this and yeah I assume could be the clutch but hoping is not since on a budget at the moment , and the car all stock 93k on the dash, so prior to all this after the car stop letting it go into gear the pedal was still normal did not go soft, I replace the master since I was reading that could be am issue and also notice the fluid was a bit low and dirty , after pulling it out I did notice it was leaking I did a 2 person bleed but the person was not the best help , pedal got presure for a bit but then lost it , so I tried the gravity bleed while gave me some presure but not as it was prior to replacement, how long does it usually take to bleed I assume as son as was flood leaking out again

Quick Reply: Help