S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Hot! 2 Vortech SC units dyno'ed

Old 07-18-2002, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust is not something that should be given or withheld based on what other people have to say - unless you trust those "others" very much. Now, in terms of what people say when representing themselves, that's a little different. :-)

I have heard good and bad things about Jeff. I've met him (he was seeking to have the head porter we used on our R&D project do the head for his project S2000). Talk with him, examine his work, then make your decision.

As for the Vortech stuff, I agree with jzr, wait and see.

UL

Originally posted by Station
Jeff's reputation is actually not that great. I don't trust him based on things I've read directly from him in other forums.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by docofmind
[B]jzr, what other variables are there that could make the gains only half of what vortech claims.
A blown F20C making as much as a blown b18?
Old 07-18-2002, 08:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Could just be they are using a cheap dyno like a "Mustang". If they were using a Dynojet there may some significance in the post. Also note that there is no baseline dyno number. For all those that quote dynos or post plots; get back to the basics! Dynos do not give specific numbers which a relavent...too many variables. But if you have a baseline run and environmental conditions remain the same the relative effects of a modification can be measured. Here they simply can't be.

Utah
Old 07-18-2002, 08:59 PM

i've dynoed at IB and i got 184, thats with spoon n1, injen cai and oil topped off. For some reason i think that their machine gives a lot of inconsistant numbers. my cousins stock b18c5 only got 150 to the wheels over there. if the vortech sc really puts out 240 to the wheels thats f@#$ed up!

Mike
Old 07-18-2002, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Utah S2K
Could just be they are using a cheap dyno like a "Mustang". If they were using a Dynojet there may some significance in the post. Also note that there is no baseline dyno number. For all those that quote dynos or post plots; get back to the basics! Dynos do not give specific numbers which a relavent...too many variables. But if you have a baseline run and environmental conditions remain the same the relative effects of a modification can be measured. Here they simply can't be.

Utah
how is a mustang dyno a "cheap" dyno?
Old 07-18-2002, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by DJHohum
i've dynoed at IB and i got 184, thats with spoon n1, injen cai and oil topped off. For some reason i think that their machine gives a lot of inconsistant numbers. my cousins stock b18c5 only got 150 to the wheels over there. if the vortech sc really puts out 240 to the wheels thats f@#$ed up!

Mike
only 150? what the heck...my friend's Type R got 174 fwhp. Another S2000 that same day (hot day) got 192, but got 198 when he was in Boston (probably cold day).
Old 07-19-2002, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by Utah S2K

Utah
FYI, they use a real Dynojet model 248. a real dyno with the lift. i've visited the shop
in person when i was down there few years ago when the shop was called "Atomic Performance"
Old 07-19-2002, 02:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

How can they dyno two cars with Vortech SCs if they haven't shipped yet
or even if they have just started shipping, like wednesday.
Maybe he confused comptech with vortech.

MG
Old 07-19-2002, 06:03 AM

Aren't Mustang Dynos more accurate than Dynojets anyway?
Old 07-19-2002, 07:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Anybody who has been around since the start of the forum knows how well Atomic did tuning their Turbo for the S2000.

Quick Reply: Hot! 2 Vortech SC units dyno'ed