S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Invidia Test Pipe Weld Crack :thumbdn:

Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia Test Pipe Weld Crack :thumbdn:

hello everyone. well 2 weeks ago, I notice a rattle sound when I quickly rev my car to 5500k as I have posted in the other test pipe thread. People told me that it was the heatshield and what not. So I just played it off until i can get under the car and check it. The other week, I had to do an oil change so while I was down there, I checked the test pipe. And look what I found. There is a crack on the weld at the o2 sensor area. I'll include a picture below. Anyways, I notified the company that I bought the test pipe from almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't gotten a resolution for me on this matter yet. I am a bit disppointed at their service (since I got the test pipe, had a lot of issue). I only had the test pipe on for no longer than a month. Anyways, lately the rattle and the exhaust leak was getting really bad and annoying so last night I went under the car to replace the test pipe with the cat. Well the weld is competely crack all the way. Its a huge hole in the test pipe now.

Now there is another problem. I can't get the o2 sensor out because there is no support to unscrew it. I now have to take it to someone to take the o2 out of the o2 fouler thingy. So much trouble. Anyways, just want to let people know so that if you get a rattle, check your test pipe for any cracks. At this point, I am awaiting for the company (whose name I won't release due to respect unless otherwise) to resolve this. Good thing I have another car to drive as I do not have a plug for the o2 hole on the cat so driving the s2k would be really embrassing.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use a vise grip to grab onto the portion of the test pipe that broke off in order to get your o2 sensor off.... should do the trick.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Nov 8 2006, 09:55 AM
Use a vise grip to grab onto the portion of the test pipe that broke off in order to get your o2 sensor off.... should do the trick.
Trust me, I tried the vice grip and it didn't work, I need a bench that can hold it down while I unscrew it. I'll take it to a shop to do it. When i did the vice grip, it would just rotate and rotate. Oh well. I'll get it off but its just a hassle.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 AM

Wow thats pretty crazy..

I wonder why they wouldnt just send you out a new one? its "only" $100 to them... and then you just send yours back.. IMO they should have no beef with this..
Old 11-08-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mic_crispy,Nov 8 2006, 11:07 AM
Wow thats pretty crazy..

I wonder why they wouldnt just send you out a new one? its "only" $100 to them... and then you just send yours back.. IMO they should have no beef with this..
my thought exactly. Now if and when they do ship me another one, I have to jack up the car again, unbolt the cat, and put in new pipe. A lot of trouble. Not hard work but sucks. Oh well. We shall see. Maybe I should have gotten in on the berk test pipe deal
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by crazysupratt,Nov 8 2006, 01:17 PM
my thought exactly. Now if and when they do ship me another one, I have to jack up the car again, unbolt the cat, and put in new pipe. A lot of trouble. Not hard work but sucks. Oh well. We shall see. Maybe I should have gotten in on the berk test pipe deal
haha yeah.... my Berk has been great so far..
Old 11-08-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crazysupratt,Nov 8 2006, 02:17 PM
Might have just got a dud. It happens to everything.

Maybe you would have bought a berk and still thrown a CEL like some have. Then you would have to go back under the car and install some foulers even though it had built in foulers.

Just luck of the draw
Old 11-08-2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Nov 8 2006, 11:46 AM

Maybe you would have bought a berk and still thrown a CEL like some have. Then you would have to go back under the car and install some foulers even though it had built in foulers.

Just luck of the draw
I agree that I might just had a dud but the customer service should be there for their products. It has a built in foulers and I haven't gotten a CEL since installing it. I drive about 500-600 miles a week so if it wasn't working then I would have definitely get a CEL. Anyways, hopefully they can send me another one soon.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Nov 8 2006, 01:46 PM

Just luck of the draw
getting a dud is no problem, i just could believe that they are questioning replacing it .
Old 11-08-2006, 01:21 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mic_crispy,Nov 8 2006, 03:09 PM
getting a dud is no problem, i just could believe that they are questioning replacing it .
I agree, its pretty obvious its a dud; should be replaced no questions asked

Quick Reply: Invidia Test Pipe Weld Crack :thumbdn: