S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

It's alive! Sucessfully added a smaller pulley on my Vortech Supercharger!

Old 04-17-2003, 10:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

CONGRATS!!
Now drive that thang and tell us how it goes!!!

Bobby
Old 04-18-2003, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by HwangTKD
CONGRATS!!
Now drive that thang and tell us how it goes!!!

Bobby
Bobby, I can't yet. Got hours of tuning ahead of me. Plus I am in the process of switching to the AEM EMS I think. The E-manage can't handle my 750cc injectors.

Maca, so far, all I have done is add a half degree of timing from 2psi up for safety. Sure this might cost me 5hp, but I'd rather have the safety cushion. I MAY or MAY NOT keep the Vortech split second box if I go with the AEM EMS.

itsallforyou, internals maybe winter 2003/2004 while the car sleeps for winter storage. That would entail lowering the compression via pistons, possibly sleeving the block and upgrading to the 4.25"(15psi) pulley that I have. We'll see.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:17 PM

Thanks and good luck with the injectors!
MACA
Old 04-20-2003, 06:16 AM

I am dying to hear what your setup dynos at with 11psi!! If you went to 750cc injectors, what size are stock? Did you go to a 72 mm throttle body also? This could certainly be a future upgrade to my S/C system. Let us know w/updates!!! Thanks, Phil
Old 04-20-2003, 06:32 AM

The stock are around 360cc. I don't have any proof of that, but everyone I talk to says they flow above 300cc and below 400cc.

Yes I have a pro flow throttle body.

In case I didn't make it clear in the above post, I have decided to go with the AEM EMS instead of the emanage. It looks like the new AEM software should makes things go much smoother than the first S2000 owners who tried out the AEM unit. Also the emanage is a great tool, but I didn't know until after I bought it the max injector size it can support on an S2000 is 540cc. Because of this reason, I cannot use it to tune my car, thus the switch to AEM.

This is obviously a set back, but I should have the EMS unit this week, and start tuning. Dynos will come when tuning is done, I expect a few weeks from now.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
[B]

Doesn't Jackson Racing have a roots type for the H22?
Old 04-24-2003, 10:39 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

hey jenner I'm looking at a similar aem set up without the smaller pulley at this point. I'll be reviewing this tomorrow with my builder.

Anyting you can think of I should be asking him that you've found with yours? I probably won't push the small pulley initially and he's been going round and round with AEM regarding bigger injectors on another s2k he's built for a couple months now. He says they have those all worked out now...so I'm getting ready to throw money.

thanks
fltsfshr
Old 04-24-2003, 10:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fltsfshr
[B]hey jenner I'm looking at a similar aem set up without the smaller pulley at this point. I'll be reviewing this tomorrow with my builder.

Anyting you can think of I should be asking him that you've found with yours? I probably won't push the small pulley initially and he's been going round and round with AEM regarding bigger injectors on another s2k he's built for a couple months now. He says they have those all worked out now...so I'm getting ready to throw money.

thanks
Old 04-24-2003, 11:00 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

nope i"m definitely not running too lean, my budget is pretty open and I have a world class builder in Liberty Racing, they do all my work and maintenance. My S2k is a street play toy nothing more and it never launches. I'll get his list of recomendations tomorrow would you mind looking at it for me and throwing all the rocks you can think of at it? I'd appreciate it.
I'd like xvipers opinion too.
thanks jenner for the good response have a great day.
fltsfshr
Old 04-24-2003, 11:36 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by fltsfshr
I'd like xvipers opinion too.
I'm afraid I don't have much to add to what Jenner has already provided - he's got some good points. As for my setup, I have no plans to do anymore "performance" mods or to squeeze anymore power out of the Vortech. I'm very content with the way my car is now and am confident from "reading" my plugs and from the way it runs, that all is well. I believe Vortech made a very compatable kit and works very well just as a bolt on for those not too serious about ultimate power output. For my use, I'll leave a good thing well enough alone.
I wish Jenner the greatest success with his upcoming efforts with his AEM and would suggest that his experiences to come will serve as a valuable tool for those thinking along the same lines.

Quick Reply: It's alive! Sucessfully added a smaller pulley on my Vortech Supercharger!