S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Low Budget 2.4l Stroker Kit?

Old 07-07-2005, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Budget 2.4l Stroker Kit?

Hi, this is my first post here but I am no newb, this is James from www.bmcrace.com, honda-tech, homemadeturbo.com, and k20a.org.

For the K series guys it is a common thing to swap the f22 crank and rods in their k24 block so to destroke the engine a little and to give it a better rod to stroke ratio so they can spin it to some nice rpms. My question is can this be used to our advantage? I understand that inline pro uses a 99mm crank in their 2.5l stroker kit, 99mm is the same as that of a k24 whose bore is also 87mm, also inline pro doesnt say where they get the crank. I am just wondering if they do nothing more than buy honda k24 cranks and rods and just sell a custom piston for their kit. If this idea of mine is correct then you should easily be able to create a 2.4l by sticking with your stock piston and just using the k24 crank and rods for less than $600.
Please get back to me asap on this as I would like yalls info on this.

Thanks -James
Old 07-07-2005, 07:42 AM

Interesting, what's the redline on the stock K24?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 AM

ooo...the K24 crank finally comes about on the forum. It's been a while since I was told about it, but I don't think it's possible to use the OEM pistons and maintain a reasonable CR. The crank however can be used and I believe the rods as well. This is pretty much not something that's been tried too many times by other people.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Jul 7 2005, 12:55 PM
This is pretty much not something that's been tried too many times by other people.
has it been tried period?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:32 AM

Although it might not have been tried the crank should work and possibly with little modifications. Also according to this post on k20a.org http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t...light=f22+crank to use the f22 crank in the k24 block you must machine a keyway on the snout, so that the crank sprockets will index. Now you might need to slightly mod the k24 crank according to that if you wish to use it in a f series engine but I image it will be much cheaper to have it modded at a good machine shop than it would be to buy a inline pro stroker kit.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Jul 7 2005, 09:55 AM
ooo...the K24 crank finally comes about on the forum.
now now it was originally talked about some 6-8 months ago

Now for issues the biggest risk is strength of the materials, both rods and crank, but really if you're going to pull the rod and crank why not get stronger ones while you're at it? May not be able to find a complementary crank but you should be able to find rods of varying sizes. The big issue is pistons, you'd still ideally like to use the stock ones with a stock blokc if you can.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:35 AM

Wether or not nobody has tried it, by the end of summer I play to give it a try and when I do so I will do a full wright up on it. Also if any modifications are needed, we will offer them as a service to those who wish to do it.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 AM

Stock honda cranks have proven them selves in all out race engines many of times. I have personally seen 2 ls stock cranks support 950 hp for 2 seasons.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by bmcrace.com,Jul 7 2005, 01:35 PM
Wether or not nobody has tried it, by the end of summer I play to give it a try and when I do so I will do a full wright up on it. Also if any modifications are needed, we will offer them as a service to those who wish to do it.
i'll be looking out for it, i'm very interested in it......
Old 07-07-2005, 10:06 AM

here is a modded f22 crank to work in the k24 http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t...light=k24+crank by looking at this you might need to have these slots on the k24 crank welded up and resurfaced, balanced, and checked for straightness to use the k24 but the cost of it versus something else should be more than enough to confensate for the work that must be done.

Quick Reply: Low Budget 2.4l Stroker Kit?