S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Official Found a Rattle Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HowlinFantods
That’s no good man. Are you low on oil? I wouldn’t start it up again until you get it opened up and checked out.
Yeah I’ve played the video for some mechanic friends. They said sounds to high pitched to be rod knock so I’m taking valve cover off this morning.
Old 06-24-2021, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HowlinFantods
That’s no good man. Are you low on oil? I wouldn’t start it up again until you get it opened up and checked out.
Yeah I’ve played the video for some mechanic friends. They said sounds to high pitched to be rod knock so I’m taking valve cover off this morning.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5k vibe, sounds like metal on metal. I'm at wits end. Just installed a new HFC. Removed the hood. Removed the supercharger belt, so it's definitely not the FI. Got a mechanics stethoscope and poked around, but still unable to isolate where this is coming from. This is driving me nuts. Just under 5k rpm, nothing. Just over 5k rpm, nothing. Right at 5k where I like to hover just before vtec kicks in, argh. Any ideas??

Old 05-05-2022, 09:39 AM
Jub

Received 392 Likes on 312 Posts

I've always had a rattle on the driver side right near my head. I recently bought a hardtop to make the car comfortable on long drives and the rattle is driving me more crazy now. I believe it's coming from the driver side door and not the pillar behind. I've had that stuff apart for the hardtop install and nothing obvious was loose. It also sounds solid when I tap it. I've dug around in the driver door, adjusted the window, attempted to zip tie one of the lock mechanisms with no luck.

I'm still thinking it could be the lock mechanism where it attaches to the back of the door or the window. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look/what to do? I'm considering just buying a new lock mechanism on ebay and seeing if that fixes it. It's driving me nuts.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:31 PM
Jub

Received 392 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Jub

I'm still thinking it could be the lock mechanism where it attaches to the back of the door or the window. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look/what to do? I'm considering just buying a new lock mechanism on ebay and seeing if that fixes it. It's driving me nuts.
I replaced the exterior window trim and still same rattle. When I had the door panel off, I tapped the door in a few areas to try to figure out what was rattling. I'd hold each of the rods that go to the lock mechanism individually to see if that had an impact and no luck. I really think it's the lock mechanism itself. I'm likely going to just buy a used lock mechanism and replace it. The job looks like a complete PITA and I'd rather not do it twice. Anyone have any suggestions on what to look for if I took apart the existing lock mechanism?
Old 11-20-2022, 10:59 AM

Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickamsweet
- the passenger seat belt rattles off the door
- When i turn hard left to right and vice versa sounds like a ball bearing is going across my dash

- Seat rubs against the plastic rear panel due to my seat being ALLL the way back
This exactly, have you found a fix?
Old 05-06-2024, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I've got an annoying rattle inside my radio area. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be?