S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

P0411.....Help! Please

Old 03-30-2015, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0411.....Help! Please

Ok....I've read many threads regarding this topic and have done and checked everything that everyone has stated. Still! This code comes up.
Fairly new to this so Id appreciate if you dont just go on attack mode like I'm supposed to know everything already.

So, so far....ive checked all the hoses. Looked into the white check valve..made sure nothing was put in backwards.
Pump is wirking fine, but saw that the relay motor was stuck open, so i bought a new one from the dealer...installed. Code still come up.
Re checked all hoses again. Even checked the air control valve. Troubleshoot the air control solenoid valve (hope i got that correct). And i was wondering whether to check the air control valve, but no idea how to do so...any suggestions? I checked the hose connected to this and there is some air flow, so from that id think it was working, but if there is another way to check that please let me know.
Also, any suggestions on what else i should be checking in regards to this P0411.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check the connector wiring to the secondary air pump itself. The pump is located in the front driver side wheel well. Behind the bumper.

Utah
Old 03-31-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Utah S2K
Check the connector wiring to the secondary air pump itself. The pump is located in the front driver side wheel well. Behind the bumper.

Utah
The pump thats housed in the same bracket as the relay motor? I've already done that. All wirings and hose are in tact. Any other ideas?
Old 03-31-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The little white check valve is the primary culprit for this code. But it sounds like you know your way around the car a bit (congrats as many don't). Have you, for any reason, revved the car a bit(?); like a new cat back exhaust to see how it sounds. Is the sphagetti hose black OEM or aftermarket (usually colored). any recent car mods?

New owner new problem or old owner new problem......goes to history of the car questions....

Utah
Old 04-01-2015, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the same prob with my 03 w/101k miles.TSB 06-055 covers this issue.My pump has a slight hole in it from overheating.Honda wouldn't fix it.

Since it doesn't affect perf or econ,I don't worry about it.I'll do the passby fix this summer.

\rlr
Carolina
Old 04-01-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Utah S2K
The little white check valve is the primary culprit for this code. But it sounds like you know your way around the car a bit (congrats as many don't). Have you, for any reason, revved the car a bit(?); like a new cat back exhaust to see how it sounds. Is the sphagetti hose black OEM or aftermarket (usually colored). any recent car mods?

New owner new problem or old owner new problem......goes to history of the car questions....

Utah
Everything under the hood is new. Did this Idle test last night...revved it up 3k rpm then did the 5mins idle without the fan being on. Didnt think to do it bfore but supposedly was standard prod to reset everything. Was getting late in the garage so I stopped at that. Hopefully this fixes the "computer not rdy" prob Im getting from the inspection guys. Ill try again today...see if I get the p0411 again. Im hoping not cause im seriously out of ideas.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by redlineracing
Have the same prob with my 03 w/101k miles.TSB 06-055 covers this issue.My pump has a slight hole in it from overheating.Honda wouldn't fix it.

Since it doesn't affect perf or econ,I don't worry about it.I'll do the passby fix this summer.

\rlr
Carolina
Ive alrdy checked the pump. No holes, no cracks no damage to it at all. And it operates completely fine. Its fairly new, but if I need to purchase another Id do so. Just wanna check every possible thing that could cause this code before dropping $800 on one.
Saw on ebay the relay, hose, pump and the housing for $33 shipping, but the seller cancelled cause he didnt get people to bid as high as he hoped. Wouldve been a steal.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:22 AM

Received 1,249 Likes on 760 Posts

P0410=air pump electrical issue.
P0411=air pump flow issue (good electrical)

Did you check the underside of the pump, looked for burned through impeller/melted plastic.

Also make sure the vacuum control valve air intake port is not capped (sometimes the black cylindrical filter comes off and those not familiar cap this off)
Old 04-01-2015, 12:13 PM

I just scanned for codes again and this effin P0411 is back. Now i think it might be the air control solenoid valve. I called the dealer to see if they have it or if i can order it and he says its a "air control rotary valve" im looking for. Are these the same thing?? Never heard of rotary valve (again new to this pls be patient with me).
Old 04-01-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250
P0410=air pump electrical issue.
P0411=air pump flow issue (good electrical)

Did you check the underside of the pump, looked for burned through impeller/melted plastic.

Also make sure the vacuum control valve air intake port is not capped (sometimes the black cylindrical filter comes off and those not familiar cap this off)
Ill look into this..thank you!

Quick Reply: P0411.....Help! Please