S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

p0411 p1410 with air pump simulator installed

Old 06-25-2019, 06:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default p0411 p1410 with air pump simulator installed

p0411 - Air Injection System Incorrect Flow - hard code (check engine light came on because of this code)
p1410 - Air Pump Circuit Malfunction - pending code
p0420 - O2 Sensor - pending code (Unrelated)

My air pump, hoses, and all associated wiring have been removed. All wiring up to the plug that connects in the cabin, has been removed for the air pump system. A plate has been installed to cover the hole left when air control valve (valve on back of intake) was removed. Air pump Simulator properly installed. I have been driving the car in this same condition for months now, with no check engine light coming on. Just recently, the light came on and noticed the other pending codes as well. No mods or changes have been made recently to correlate with the check engine light coming on.

All lines in Red have been removed. All lines in Blue are on vehicle.

I have inspected the lines in blue and all seem to be tight and sealed. No leaks to be found. As expected, the car still drives perfectly fine.

My question, Is it possible my air pump simulator is malfunctioning? Allowing all these codes to happen? Please advise on any and all guidance on how to remedy my issue. Thank you in advance for your time and help.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:05 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Have you tried asking the vendor that sells the simulator, I'm guessing you are using the Izze one.
I would double check that the installation is still looking good though if you haven't already.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
Have you tried asking the vendor that sells the simulator, I'm guessing you are using the Izze one.
I would double check that the installation is still looking good though if you haven't already.
Correct, it is the Izze racing APS.

I will send them an email. Thank you.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:43 AM

Super fast response from IZZE!! Fantastic customer service!

For those that run into this thread, straight from IZZE

"P0411 is typically triggered when there’s an issue with the simulator connection to the red OEM wire (connects to the orange simulator wire). I suspect there’s an issue with the wiring rather than an issue with the simulator (simulator failure is extremely rare).

Here is what I would suggest:

1.) If you haven’t done so already, solder or crimp all connections. Squeeze connectors are notorious for causing intermittent and incomplete electrical connections. A loose connection could explain why the CEL codes popped up after months of driving.

2.) Confirm the red simulator wire is receiving battery voltage.

3.) Measure the voltage of the red OEM wire (connects to the orange simulator wire). It should read battery voltage with the keys in the run position and ~0 volts after a cold engine start (air pump running). Do not short this wire. Shorting this wire can destroy the ECU.

4.) Measure the voltage output on the white simulator wire. It should read ~0.5 volts with the keys in the run position and about 2.5 volts after a cold engine start (air pump running)."

I will keep you guys posted on what I figure out.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:58 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Check your wiring, as he said, but I also noticed that sometimes codes will go off if I stall the car / idle drops too low. I assume voltage fluctuations can cause the simulator to not work properly, which should be expected.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:49 AM

An interesting change of events with this. I've driven the car on and off without any check engine lights coming on. The only change that I made, was swap the battery hold down. I did have a 3d printed plastic "S2000" Battery hold down. I removed the plastic hold down and installed an aluminum black battery hold down. I have yet to put the car on a battery tender on the car and it is starting each and ever time. Seems a bit draggy sometimes when initially pushing the "engine start" button, but always starts.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:20 PM

Bringing this back up. I removed and reinstalled this simulator. Continued to have the same issue. Ordered another simulator, installed. Instead of soldering, I used the heat shrink tubing with solder built in. It's nice and tidy. All is well for 3 days. po411 code returned on my way home from work on the 3rd day.
The following users liked this post:
Norris813 (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KEVERYDAY
Bringing this back up. I removed and reinstalled this simulator. Continued to have the same issue. Ordered another simulator, installed. Instead of soldering, I used the heat shrink tubing with solder built in. It's nice and tidy. All is well for 3 days. po411 code returned on my way home from work on the 3rd day.
my car is doing the same thing after the izze install. The p0411 keeps coming back. Did you fix the issue yet?