S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Quick Jack BL5000 for an S2000?

Old 11-20-2020, 04:39 AM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I couldnt get my stock height 07 ridgeline off of the ground when using the taller blocks on the frame rails. I had to get the truck adapter kit to finally get it off of the ground. If you are doing something that will shake the truck then i suggest to use jackstands to stabilize it if you so happen to want to really feel comfortable down there
The following users liked this post:
md6380 (11-20-2020)
Old 11-20-2020, 06:21 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 956 Posts

I recently used the QJ for the first time. Borrowed a friends to use while pulling the motor and trans out of another friends ND. Extremely solid. If the care were any shorter though it would have been hard to fit between the wheels!

Downsides are of course no side entry/exit. That was not too bad other than when the hoist was connected and one of us needed to be under the car to finish disconnecting the trans and PTF. I was using a jack under the back of the trans to let everything lean back gracefully when disconnected, and that meant crawling in from the back of the car and dragging the jack under with me. So that part was a bit annoying. But seeing as how we were pulling the motor/trans and basically tearing everything off the front end of the car, it was nice to be able to raise and lower the car quickly when needed.

I will say that if I buy one, it would not be used a lot of the time. While it is nice once in use, the time positioning it, connecting the hoses, getting it all perfectly lined up, etc took longer than just using a jack and stands. But for big jobs where you need to raise and lower the car more than once it was nice. Hard to say if I am "sold" on getting one after using it though. I have a small garage and try to make very good use of the space, but with all the moving around, setting up, etc it is hard to say if I would really be happy with one. For our next place, we are focusing on a bit less house and more land and room for me to build a large shop. That one will have lifts and so no QJ would be needed. So it all depends on how long I think it will be before I am in that place I guess!
Old 11-20-2020, 06:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the 5000 and it is perfect for the S2k and also my 07 Ridgeline. You do need the truck/SUV blocks but did not need the rail extension. It is very stable and I never used jack stands.
md6380 (11-20-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a QJ about 2 years ago and it lifts the car just fine. However, about 6 months ago, I lifted the car to tighten the subframe bolts and one of the fittings failed and the left side collapsed and the car nearly tipped over and slid partially off, denting the underside of the front quarter panel behind the front wheel well. I was able to lift the car with a hydraulic car jack and placed jack stands under it and pulled the QJ out. Almost 800 bucks later, got the dent repaired and painted. I let Quick Jack know about it and got no reply from them. My observation is that their customer service blows. I was able to replace both fittings at a shop that does a lot of business with oil service companies. The fitting from Quick Jack was not to be found either in Lafayette, La. or Houston, Texas. This is the epicenter of Gulf of Mexico oil production, so if that fitting could not be found here, then it is some kind of jack leg product. I always place jack stands under the car when using the QJ.
RTL2K (12-17-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 07:32 PM

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Pictures of fitting failures?
md6380 (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 06:24 AM

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Has anyone tries the Maxjax lift? I think it would be the best as you can pull a motor and trans with no problems.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:19 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Periodoc
I bought a QJ about 2 years ago and it lifts the car just fine. However, about 6 months ago, I lifted the car to tighten the subframe bolts and one of the fittings failed and the left side collapsed and the car nearly tipped over and slid partially off, denting the underside of the front quarter panel behind the front wheel well. I was able to lift the car with a hydraulic car jack and placed jack stands under it and pulled the QJ out. Almost 800 bucks later, got the dent repaired and painted. I let Quick Jack know about it and got no reply from them. My observation is that their customer service blows. I was able to replace both fittings at a shop that does a lot of business with oil service companies. The fitting from Quick Jack was not to be found either in Lafayette, La. or Houston, Texas. This is the epicenter of Gulf of Mexico oil production, so if that fitting could not be found here, then it is some kind of jack leg product. I always place jack stands under the car when using the QJ.
If used correct I don't see how this is possible. There is a safety bar / brace that should take the weight of the vehicle, not the hydraulics.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:05 PM

Received 1,353 Likes on 1,019 Posts

I assumed the issue happened as the lift was still lifting, before the mechanical ratchet engaged. It wouldn't take much tilt for car to slide off.

You would think the design would involve such a leak causing the whole assembly to lower together. Hydraulics tied together so a leak anywhere causing all hydraulic rams from losing pressure together. To prevent this exact scenario.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:57 AM

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Maybe its me, but it seems like setting the thing up would take more work than jacking the car up normally just to give yourself less access. I timed myself once and I got my lowered S on all 4 jackstands in under 6 minutes. Let alone the storage space needed and the cost.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:07 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
Maybe its me, but it seems like setting the thing up would take more work than jacking the car up normally just to give yourself less access. I timed myself once and I got my lowered S on all 4 jackstands in under 6 minutes. Let alone the storage space needed and the cost.
That is my experience. For a job where you are needing to raise and lower the car multiple times it is well worth it. But for a quick thing it felt like jack stands were easier. However, my friend said he felt the same, but after using them a few times he said he got faster at it and uses them every time now. I think if you have a space where they can just sit on either side and just be slid under the car it is a lot better than if you have to move them somewhere else to store. His are about 70 lbs each, but do have wheels on one end.

Quick Reply: Quick Jack BL5000 for an S2000?