S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

So my car is dead!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2002, 08:46 PM
Fed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So my car is dead!!!!!!

Coming off the beltway today, my car started making a knocking sound. This sound occurs on idle as well as when the clutch is engaged. For some reason, on higher gears it dissipates, somewhat. Luckily, this started happening 3 block away from a Honda dealership. So right now, my baby is sitting at College Park Honda, by herself, waiting for a tech to take a look at her tomorrow. I on the other hand, have drunk heavily tonight, trying to drown away the suffering. It was so painfull hearing her suffer the extra three block to the dealership. I was thinking it was probably one of the teeth from the pressure plate that broke off, but that wouldn't be a problem when the car is idle. Now I'm thinking more of a cylinder failure, or a dreaded bent valve. However I did not downshift anywhere for this to happen. Any ideas on what it may be? I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. All this 3 days before she was scheduled to go in for service.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:18 PM

You didn't drive while you were intoxicated did you? Just wondering..
Old 02-03-2002, 10:46 PM

have you been checking the oil everytime you stop for gas?

dinnyin
Old 02-04-2002, 05:48 AM
Fed

No,no, did not drive while intoxicated, been checking the oil, when the problem started happening, no oil leaks, oil filter was still on, and level was ok, also, did not get any cod from the ODB. Turned car off, and restarted and she started without a problem, however the knocking was still there.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:14 AM

could it be bad plugs or valve adjustment?
Old 02-04-2002, 07:22 AM

Maybe the plugs were loose?! That was happening with some other cars. I had mine checked out a few months back.

Sorry man - really.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:27 AM
Fed

I am hoping it is nothing majopr, however, I harepared myself for the worst. Right now, as long as it gets fixed I don't care. I'm just not in the mood to be given a hard time about it being covered under warranty.

I though about the loose spark plugs, however, the sound dissipated as I went through the higher gears, 4, 5 and 6.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Fed

Just got a call from the dealer, they called Honda, the problem is internal, the engine is being taken apart as we speak to diagnose the problem. Part of me doesn't want it anymore!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 08:53 AM

oh no! that sucks dude. I hope its nothing major. Well, if they replaced the broken parts with brand new parts, its like a whole new engine for you.

Hope everything works out fine at the best of your interest.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:11 PM

On the plus side, many have had the engine replaced with no lingering problems. Given your description, it may be the 4th cylinder problem some '01 engines have had.

Quick Reply: So my car is dead!!!!!!