S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

speedcraft almost done (additional pictures and comments)

Old 05-24-2002, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SpeedCraft Crew
As Chris and others stated, Our system was never designed to bolt to the stock exhaust system. The stock system was never designed to accomodate the type of airflow that is generated by 6, 8, or more lbs of boost. So why on earth would I want you to bolt our system up to something that would only hamper performance. Again forgive me it is late and I am tired and a little cranky... but if our system came ready to bolt up to the stock 2 1/4 exhaust system, there would be those who would cry about why our system wasn't set up for a more performance based exhaust... Oh While I am on a roll. We will soon be releasing our 3" mandrel bent Turbo Exhaust System. It will be avaliable in both Stainless Steel or Mild Steel with either Black or Silver Twin Apex-i N1 Turbo Mufflers. and best part it bolts to the Downpipe. Price to be announced.

Todd M.
Dammit Todd!, and to think I could have saved myself all that trouble of driving back and forth between cities just so I could have a custom 3 inch exhaust.

Todd doesnt like me. wish you would have finished those earlier.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:11 PM

Looks good Hybrid. I guess your going to have to come out to some SD or LA meets to show everyone the set up in person.
Old 05-24-2002, 07:25 PM

looking forward to it.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:07 PM

4.2 pounds? How does the car feel? Fast?
On Speed-Craft's web site it says, "Current dyno numbers with 8 psi: 320 HP with 212 torque."
I'm wondering how much HP can you put down w/ just 4.2 pounds of boost?
I bet it's slower than the Comptech SC (w/ the 6 lbs)?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Team Hybrid
[B]The kit
Old 05-25-2002, 07:20 PM

Actually, I got my gauges installed, and Im running around 5-6 lbs of boost.

now Im not sure how much I am pushing right now in terms of horsepower because I havent dyno'd yet as I have stated before.

So for this case per se; Im not sure how you would judge how fast a car is. If youre talking about top speed, Im sure that currently, untuned, my car is probably making less on the top end. But low -midrange acceleration should be making more than comptech since the turbo kicks in around 3000-3500 RPM, as opposed to 6000 with the comptech unit. .....so ...for now...everything is highly subjective without a tuning session and a dyno plot.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:37 AM

Just curious...but what is that red thing on the turbo? Btw, does your car pull pretty hard now?

Jaykkub
Old 05-26-2002, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Jaykkub
Just curious...but what is that red thing on the turbo? Btw, does your car pull pretty hard now?

Jaykkub
haha, oh thats a special boost enhancer to make the turbo spool even faster.

just kidding, its to protect the blades of the turbo from getting dust or whatever in there. You take it off of course when you're ready to start driving.

and the car does pull....obviously alot more than it did before in the low end. Too scared to bring it up to VTEC without proper tuning though.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OneQuickS2K
[B]4.2 pounds? How does the car feel? Fast?
On Speed-Craft's web site it says, "Current dyno numbers with 8 psi: 320 HP with 212 torque."
I'm wondering how much HP can you put down w/ just 4.2 pounds of boost?
I bet it's slower than the Comptech SC (w/ the 6 lbs)?
Old 05-29-2002, 06:52 AM

Get those pics ASAP!!! I need to find a 3" without having it custom made and this would be just what the doctor ordered. When can we expect this exhaust to be available?

BTW, everything looks great!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 09:01 AM

Great photos -- thanks for sharing. When you get to the point of having the car tuned, PM me, and we can swap V-AFC settings/suggestions. Speedcraft did a terrific job on your (and my) hardware. I'm reasonably sure that I saw your intercooler piping when I was down in Jacksonville having mine done. Where did you have your boost controller installed? And what's the third guage? Enjoy! It's a whole new world...

Quick Reply: speedcraft almost done (additional pictures and comments)