S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

T1R 70RT Install W/Pics

Old 05-15-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1R 70RT Install W/Pics

So I took the plunge last week and sold my Greddy Ti-C with the Megan testpipe . I called up Evasive Motorsport and placed an order for a Type One Racing 70RT 70mm Titainum system. Shipping was very fast and the customer service unbeatable ! (hense why I ordered both my exhausts from them) So today I decided to document the removal of the OEM exhaust and the install of my T1R. I know it's pretty straight forward putting on an exhaust system but I figured it would help out people that are interested in this system and others removing there stock pipes safely and easily. plus this knowlage can be applied to putting any aftermarket system on or removing one.

List of tools needed.
1.)10mm Socket
2.)12mm Socket
3.)14mm Socket
4.)12mm Boxend wrench
5.)22mm Boxend wrench
6.)Your Hands
There are some other tools like screwdrivers and pliers too but you'll figure it out along the way.

.......................................LETS GET STARTED........................................... ......

Removal of the OEM exhaust.

Ok my car is jacked up. Make sure you have the proper equipment when you lift the car, a lift is perfered but for us DIY's at home a set of quality jackstands and a jack will do fine. Also put some sort of "chocks" or wooden blocks in front of the front wheels for added safety.

Next step remove the stock tips, a 10mm socket will to the trick they should slide off pretty easy set them aside so they don't get scratched up.

Remove the oxygen sensor at the front of the vehicle behind the exhaust manifold in the cat.

Once the o2 sensor is out, remove the "spring bolts" use a wrench for the bolts on the front.

Grab your 14mm wrench and loosen the three bolts where the cat meets the standard exhaust. (Note your may need to soak all these bolts with a lubricant prior, they will most likely be seized on) Support the cat so it doesn't fall and lay it aside.

Move to the rear of the vehicle, now under the differential there is a bar that has six bolts in it.

The larger bolts are 14mm, a socket will work here and the smaller two are 10mm remove this bar and lay it aside too.

Start with this mount first use WD-40 to make them slide, be careful if your taking this off alone it's better if someone can hold it while your pull the mount off the hanger. It's safer to work with a people around any way.

Removing the rear mufflers take the rubber mounts off the hangers welded to the car. It's easier to remove the rubber mounts when the exhaust is on the floor, off the car, use WD-40 here too.

There's the man MR. WD-40 a life saver in this scenario.

Comparison Picture #1

Comparison Picture #2

Time To install the New T1R!

MMMmmm yummy Ti!

Ok lets get this thing on my car now lol

The 70RT is a two piece system it has a built in o2 simulator so there won't be an annoying CEL cause of it being catless. Install the first piece bolt the two nuts to the header that have the springs (springs to the rear of the car) and install the o2 Sensor. I used a little Anti-seize compound on the threads of the o2 just for insurance down the road, i'd reccomend it!!! Be careful not to crossthread it!!!

In the box came a silencer,this bracket and three springs the springs go where the two pipes connect before the differential. (be very careful use a needle nose pliers) Once you get all the springs in place go ahead and remove the two bolts on the diff mount I believe they were 14mm (but correct me if I am wrong). Now mount the rear section in place, hang the exhaust with the rubber mounts.

DONE!
Pics installed!!!

I <3 this Exhaust Thanks Evasive!

Feel free to p/m if you have any questions. Positive comments are welcome.
-Anthony C.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM

looks pretty good, but cant stand the wide gap on the left side.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 PM

love the exhaust. must saved like 50 lbs lol... how does it sound? loud?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM

Looks great man, good job!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job on the install. It looks nice on your car. Do you feel the power difference?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 PM

looking good! can you post of a vid if you get the chance?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

: / as long as you are happy.
weight difference? performance?....there better be! for the $$
Not a fan of the look though.
Props on doing it yourself.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:31 AM

BTW - good to see a fellow FACom user - practically all we use here. Too bad most don't appreciate quality tools.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 AM

Thanks guys for all the feedback I really like this system alot i'll try to get some vids this weekend of it, The weight savings is incredible the stock system had to weigth around 50lbs the 70RT is about 10 lol
Old 05-16-2008, 11:42 AM

Post a vid! Looks great OP, definitely sticky worthy.

Quick Reply: T1R 70RT Install W/Pics