S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

transmission problem help.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problem help.

i got my car out for the weekend like i normally do and cruised around in it for a while, got gas and as i left the gas station, got on it and i missed 2nd, and then i missed 3rd as well. i went to go into 4th nice and easy and it wouldnt go.. wouldnt go back into 3rd... or 5th or 2nd or 1st or any gear until trying multiple times and playing with it you can get it in gear, but every first try for any gear it felt like hitting a brick wall. the clutch pedal was still their but nothing to it. the stiffness was gone, but it would still engage and disengage when pressed. but getting it into gear most of the time was difficult. again feels like hitting a brick wall. i pulled over to check some things out and let it sit for a minute and pressure came back to the clutch and was stiff as normally and went into gears just fine. cruised for a minute, got on it again and did the same exact thing. lost pressure in the clutch and when shifting it felt like hitting a brick wall and required multiply tries to get it into gear. although i could shift it no problem without using the clutch. while cruising could shift into any gear with no clutch with no problem. i dont even know where to start with this. i will look at the slave cylinder first thing, then if everything's okay their going to pull the tranny and look at the clutch. my friends think its synchros. if anyone has any idea please post up. some idea is better then no idea.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:47 AM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

Sounds like the clutch hydraulic line needs to be bled.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:03 AM

Received 1,253 Likes on 763 Posts

Low clutch fluid
Old 05-26-2019, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright so update, ive been at it for the last week trying to fix this thing and no luck at all. i went a head and replaced the slave cylinder and ran plenty of clutch fluid through it, it wasnt low but i went a head and changed it. i checked the tranny fluid and that was full and looking decent. bleed the clutch line multiple times got it to be as stiff as i can possibly get it. i did the gravity bleed on the forums exactly as instructed. i ended up pulling the transmission apart and it looked fine. the clutch disk, throw out bearing, pressure plate, flywheel all look very well. nothing excessive or anything missing or broke. had even ware. nothing i could tell. i had a mechanic drive around with me. it cruised around okay, gears not going in like they used to but it felt okay. did 15 minutes of driving in town and high way, then i got on it. and the moment i got on it in 2nd again wouldnt go into third. and it grinded and felt like a brick wall. he tried putting it into 3rd and 4th with the foot clear to the floor on the clutch pedal and it just grinded and wouldnt go in at all. finally messing around got it to into third. but without a clutch immediately after i got on it and having these issues. i shifted it without a clutch with no problem. would go in and out of every gear easy without the clutch... im am lost... its in the clutch but ive replaced the slave cylinder and bleed it ( 100% i am sure ) and have pulled the tranny and double checked everything put it back together and still have issues...