S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Tried everything, lil help please?

Old 12-26-2003, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried everything, lil help please?

Hey guys,

For about the past month, I've been having some hesitation issues under hard acceleration that seems to come and go. I've tried the infamous "tap the map sensor" fix with no results. I've even tried replacing the MAP sensor only to still have the same problem. The spark plugs and wires were replaced, oil changed, Honda's "diagnostics" were ran and the ECU isnt showing any trouble codes. Please help!

The car has a Vortech supercharger on it with no other major mods. Both of my local dealers came up empty handed with answers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot.

-Toby V.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:39 PM

Oops, almost forgot

If anyone can reccomend a good garage in Ventura County for S2ks, i'd really appreciate it! thx.

-Toby V.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Banned

what type of hesitation, is it a lag right as u floor it, under full acceleration? if that is the case, how is ur cam timing.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:45 PM

I notice it most under heavy accel. Seems to start right when it's floored, and continues throughout the entire time I WOT. On a positive note, once I break 7500 RPM, it goes away. It happens in all gears, and doesnt seem to differ in hotcold operating conditions. Does this help?

-Toby V.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not entirely familiar with the Vortech setup, what type of voltage modifier does it use for the MAP?
Old 12-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 303 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally posted by 3ngin33r1
I'm not entirely familiar with the Vortech setup, what type of voltage modifier does it use for the MAP?

Vortech uses a MAP signal clamp, just like the Comptech.

As far as your hesistation, I would check all of your wiring connections to the factory PCM, there are many of them, a poor connection can easily cause an intermittent problem. The car isn't puffing out black smoke from the exhaust is it? If it is It could be a running to rich at low revs. It's hard to diagnose with just the complaint to work with.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:46 PM

you got it tuned on the dyno? If you havn't, you should. Just about every S2000 come out of our shop are recommended to a dyno immediately.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let us know what you find out.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:42 PM

Eqlize,

Don't know if this will work, but you might try pulling the vacuum line that goes to the pressure regulator on the fuel rail. It's about a 3/8" diameter line. I don't know if the engine will still run at idle with it removed, but it may be something goofy with the regulator or the hose. I put an adjustible regulator on my fuel rail and had no end of hesitation problems until I got it squared away.

Also, you might just see if your throttle cable is pulling the throttle cable all the way open. Wrong TPS positioning could cause more than a few gremlins.

Caution! None of the foregoing is overly scientific in nature. Just cheap and easy to check out.

All the best,

Jim
Old 01-08-2004, 07:38 PM

sorry for the delay, I will try the TPS and vaccuum fixes tomorrow. I sure hope it's something simple

-Toby Vise

Quick Reply: Tried everything, lil help please?