S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

VSA dash light

Old 12-21-2019, 03:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default VSA dash light

07 ap2, dual ecu harness

So I have been driving with this for a while, but since winter has crept in to the heart of KS, I have been doing little stuff that has not really been hard, but never found time to troubleshoot or fix.

anyways, let me give you a little run down.
firstly, it is v8 swapped. Yesterday I was fixing some wiring downstairs near the honda ecu. I was fixing a splice I had made when I was first wrapping the swap up. When I started the car I noticed some of the warning lights not usually present (kind of looked nice) and it motivated an interested me to start research in this. Ok, back to no lights at startup. So I dropped the e-brake, put it in gear and started rolling. After hitting 3-5mph the VSA light came on and the one to the right did as well. I tried resetting it again; same thing. So what I am thinking is this a light purely because the honda ecu is not getting a VSS signal? Or is it because the converter I have does not start sending the dash vss until about 20mph, because I currently only have vss to dash to ultimately get it to the eps. And obviously like to see speedometer on dash as well. I may be off on my theory. I thought it might be tied to the abs sensors on the hubs and it needs this css signal spliced to that or something. Any info/direction would help so I can further try to abolish these lights on my dash. Its a great fun running raw car, I love it and honestly have not been bothered by it so I have just been enjoying it, but winter is the time to start doing some brush up fixin and polishing of it as a whole.

Pfa haha.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:21 PM

I also do not have a tach on the dash currently as well if this helps.

I have done the research on this and I need to splice a “pull up resistor” into the tach signal wire. Pretty much the gen iv Ls uses a lower wattage tach signal than say a gen iii ls (which would have worked perfectly how it all is compatible,) but you splice in a SW 12v source with a 1k ohm resistor and it will work. But thats another project. Anyways if this info helps let me know what I need to do. THNX.

Didnt think of it as I would think VSA is based off speed and abs signals *I am assuming*
fyi my abs does work
Old 12-21-2019, 07:56 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

So is the goal to have VSA working or to get the dash light out?

If the latter it's pretty easy to take the cluster out, should be as easy as removing a bulb.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:52 AM

Think I should just remove bulb? That is an option tho. I am just wondering because it seem like it just need a vss signal because thats what trips it.

I am under the assumption I wont be able to get it to work without a lot of research and info, so to answer you no, but with knowledge of how it works I am not crossing the possibility out. I honestly just want the light out.