S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

VSA indicator light (traction control) stuck on

Old 03-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSA indicator light (traction control) stuck on

Hi Guys (and ladies),

I just bought a 2006 s2k and love the car. Unfortunately the VSA indicator light (!)is stuck on (not the (VSA) light). There are no other warning lights on as far as I can tell. I've checked all the fuses under the hood, the brake fluid level and the tire pressures (including the spare). Before I take it to a honda dealership, I was wondering if there are any other things I should check. The car is 100% stock and has never been modified as far as I can tell (was a lease return).

I've driven the car over a hundred miles have cycled the ignition key and have disconnected the battery for a minute. The light has always been on.

If anyone has any thoughts on other items/features to check for possible problems before taking it to the dealership I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM

this happened to me when i lowered my S. i ended up busting my speed sensor located near the brake assembly. that could be your problem... may have run over something and it knocked it loose or busted. i got mine taken care of under warranty, so check with your dealership. hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:28 AM

That's kind of what I figured... Thanks for the input. If it turns out to be a wheel speed sensor I'll just be surprised not to see an ABS code thrown as well...
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dflwrx
That's kind of what I figured... Thanks for the input. If it turns out to be a wheel speed sensor I'll just be surprised not to see an ABS code thrown as well...
VSA piggybacks off of the ABS. It can malfunction and won't effect the ABS so it makes sense. I have the same problem. Its the speed/VSA sensor that goes bad oftentimes on these cars. They are covered by warranty so no worries there.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:56 PM

this happened after i installed my coilovers. it sounds like you guys also have an aftermarket suspension. did they cover it with the warranty even with coilovers on?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM

I posted this same question like a week or so ago and all the problem was my brake fluid in my master cylinder was low.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by TestMonkey
I posted this same question like a week or so ago and all the problem was my brake fluid in my master cylinder was low.
Could I ask how low? My brake fluid is right at the bottom of the neck to the cap. This VSA indicator light is driving me crazy.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:07 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Which VSA light is on? The text VSA system indicator or the yellow triangle VSA activation indicator? Just curious as if the text VSA is illuminated there's a VSA problem regardless. The yellow triangle stays on of VSA is turned off or flashes as VSA gets activated by the system.

-- Chuck
Old 08-05-2017, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Which VSA light is on? The text VSA system indicator or the yellow triangle VSA activation indicator? Just curious as if the text VSA is illuminated there's a VSA problem regardless. The yellow triangle stays on of VSA is turned off or flashes as VSA gets activated by the system.

-- Chuck
Hey Chuck. Mine only has the triangle with the exclamation point in it lit up. No other lights are on. It came on after I took it to the shop to get an inspection and when I picked it up from the shop, it had that light on. The mechanic said it was just a maintenance light... which made me laugh because I knew it wasn't. It's been a frustrating experience.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:27 AM

Received 1,138 Likes on 1,001 Posts

The triangle flashes when VSA is in operation and a constant On indicates the VSA system is turned Off. Normally you press the VSA switch on the instrument panel to do this and the indicator illuminates as a reminder it's shut off. This is latching relay (or similar) controlled as the system reverts to On when the ignition is shut off so you gotta push switch Off every time you start the car if you don't want VSA. Your car ain't doing this it seems. This could be as simple as a bad switch.

Fuse 48 (30a under-hood) and fuse 6 (15a under-dash) are mentioned in the 100+ pages of trouble shooting the indicator not going off. A place to start.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: VSA indicator light (traction control) stuck on